Discuss Travertine-UFH=Decoupler? Aparently NOT.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

I've had genuine Dural ci mat failures and, yes, Dural are covering the cost of their team to effect a repair. They are not covering the cost for me to:
a) make further site visits to asses the initial problem
b) attend site to ensure a satisfactory fix takes place (customer relations, too)
c) attend site 3 days later to grout all the holes that the Dural team have left
d) make further visits when another part of the floor has failed
e) see b & c above again
f) make even more site visits to sign off the work carried out during the 3rd repair area

and so the chain continues to repeat until the whole floor area has been injected. I've lost countless days, fuel cost, phone calls, materials etc to keep a happy customer due to a manufacturer failure.

One particular customer has spent over £85k on having a hand made kitchen installed so it is not an option for him to have it all taken out, the floor re-done and then kitchen re-installed but it's really affecting my business to keep him a happy customer.

Well.. i have had no response from Dural in nearly 2 month to a failure...and if i get treat the way as finishing off like you have then Dural will get a FULL public slagging from me.. whether they like it or not..

This is a major manufacture problem and needs to be sorted ASAP IMO.. so watch this space as i am about to contact said failure customer to see how it has gone after 2 months since the first failure report to dural..( might be a bit longer than that)..???

andy-p

TF
Arms
This is all very interesting , i never realised that there was any issues fitting d/c mats , has there been any issues with membranes fixed to walls ? I have been using PCI's Pecalstic and so far no problems but this is making me seriously reconsider using mats , this is a major issue here and i hope we can get answers soon from the manufacturers..

I agree never realised there were issues with d/c mats and am now considering what to do for upcoming job. Anyone able to offer there thoughts? There's been mention of failures on screeds but next job is as follows
22 mm chipboard overlayed with 15 mm ply to ensure floor is deflection free.
Tiles are Travertine opus mix.
Adhesive is mapei keraflex.

Floor is about 35 m2 so will cost me dear if twas to fail.

To decouple or not to decouple is the question?

D

DHTiling

Guys.. the issue is not how you stick them down, the top polythylene layer is separating from the fleece.. this is a manufacture problem last year and 1000's of mtrs of fixers work has delaminated from the fleece... Personally the way i feel i do not want to use this type of membrane again.. i have zero confidence in them now..

if i feel the need for an anti crack membrane then it will be mapetex or maybe pecilastic..

This is very worrying, as I'v used the genisis mat on a fair few jobs in the last 10 mths or so.

If its a manufacturing fault then i would of thought that genisis would have pulled the mat from the market, but companies are still selling it, SO WHATS GOING ON GENISIS, AND DUREL, perhaps someone from the company should be brave enough to come on the forum and explain.

S

Stewart

Quick question, does anyone know how to tell the difference between the old and new duarl matting and where to buy it?

The newly designed Dural CI mat has a multi size hole design in the plastic and is quite distinctive... The old one just had round dimples in it. If you buy it from PHG who are a forum sponsor, they will only supply you with the new one and you'll get discount.

andy-p

TF
Arms
Guys.. the issue is not how you stick them down, the top polythylene layer is separating from the fleece.. this is a manufacture problem last year and 1000's of mtrs of fixers work has delaminated from the fleece... Personally the way i feel i do not want to use this type of membrane again.. i have zero confidence in them now..

if i feel the need for an anti crack membrane then it will be mapetex or maybe pecilastic..

Ok then it should be ok to keep using the Pecalstic , as i said ive never had a problem with this as yet , and there is a definite need for d/c mats especially when fitting stone over a wet ufh ...

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
Just used the new ci on a trav job as a dpm, but not on ufh, so fingers crossed. When I was up at Mapei a few weeks back, the training guy mentioned Mapetex and I will be using that in future 1 - because it's a single mayer mat and 2 - it's actually cheaper than the plastic/fleece mats. I'm now concerned over a marble job done last year (40m2) on old ci on wet ufh, hopefully, as I haven't heard anything yet, it should be ok :uhoh2:

Reply to Travertine-UFH=Decoupler? Aparently NOT.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi Ive been browsing your forums over the years looking for guidance for odd tiling DIY tasks...
Replies
Views
W
I had a job booked to retile 19m of kitchen floor where the house had apperently had a little...
Replies
Views
wayfoward
W
J
I would be grateful for any advice you could give me. I have recently installed 600x450...
Replies
Views
T
Ok the saga begins 2 years ago with a call from a client complaining about a crunching sound...
Replies
Views
Im involved with a large renovation project at the moment and due to other jobs on the go and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Scotland

Thread Information

Title
Travertine-UFH=Decoupler? Aparently NOT..
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.