Discuss Trevortine in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bubblecraft

7a5e8ypu.jpg

Running out my ar*se lol

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
There's no bit in the thread about fitting a pump for an electric shower. One wouldn't be required for an electric. That's where fussy britches decided to get his tuppence worth in.

The op HAD an electric & wanted to change to a thermostatic mixer shower.

I can't remember seeing that post at all. But that's what confused me.

An electric is mains cold, therefore mains pressure - No pump required
Power Shower you can't put mains through or you'll blow the seals. Tank fed only
And the whole mixer thing really confuded me. Any mixer tap or shower valve that meets regulations for the UK (not europe but UK, i.e WRAS approved) mixes at the spout and not in the body, they generally all come with check/non return valves built in to prevent cross flow. They also come with flow limiters to prevent too much back flow pressure when not in use. Most mixers nowadays will work from 0.1 bar so if it's up against 1.5 bar main, the right flow limiter will mean it works. So there's not always a need for a pump at all on the hot. Unless you want a harder shower.

But the back flow and water peeing out the headers overflow is generally a myth these days. Unless your buying cheap, foreign brassware or not installing correctly.

From what i saw in that post, and i skimmed over most and concentrated more on yours and Trevs posts. There'd be no problem fitting a shower booster on the hot tank feed. It's better to be fair as your matching the main set by the water board and putting less strain on the valve. IMO

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
No worries mate. I saw the other post over the trims today and that all seemed a little heated other nothing. And the shower thread was just all over the place and a little difficult to follow. But If i'd seen it when it was being posted i would of said the same thing.

But things like header tanks filling up due to back pressure stopped happening frequently best part of a decade ago. Around the time Bathstore stopped important brassware from the Far East ;)

Like i say, if it happens these days its usually installation error, maybe a faulty product or a foreign valve. Pretty sure that anything WRAS approved these days meets British Standards and Britash Standards ststes that water has to mix at the spout and not in the body. So back flow is never a problem providing it's WRAS approved. Simples. lol

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Trevortine in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

O
    • Informative
    • Winner
so I'm currently undertaking a project at the moment with 1800 x 800 x 10mm Florim porcelain...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
Now I only live in a small town with about 40000 persons , kind of place where everyone knows...
Replies
Views
Peter
P
Think i got a bit of a bargain today, so thought i'd share. Got a customer that wants UFH under...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
I went to a customers house 2 nights ago to price up a job. Job described to me as a small...
Replies
Views
P
I know a few of you guys were talking about dewalt tool boxes this is what my mate has done and...
Replies
Views
Bubblecraft
B

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB