UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss UFH Height, Transition to Adjacent Flooring in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
Houston, I have to agree with the others re: the t&g from a bad personal experience, where I was asked by my customer to tile onto t&g which I screwed really tight. The issue was height, because the front door was a pvc one and couldn't be trimmed at the bottom to accomodate any extra height that overboarding would cause, so I advised it best not to tile at all, but they were insistent, and, instead of walking away I gave in. Having done the job, I was waiting for the phone call, and sure enough in 3 months time - "can you replace 6 tiles that have cracked please" I got paid for it, but I was really uncomfortable doing this knowing that it would probably go again, which it did:thumbsdown:, but on the upside I could have been employed there full time replacing them when they went:lol:, but you just can't say told you so. The moral of the story is that I would NEVER do this again for anyone, I'd rather walk away from it in future. I have to say I think you have been lucky so far, I only did it the once. But we will all do things differently, that's what makes us human.:thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

Phil, i think you are wrong. If T&G boards are rigid screwed to joists and sometimes you might need some extra noggins its not a problem. Bal & Granfix do adhesives for T&G that i have used over the years and no probs
hve you seen what happens to T&G flooring after plasterers have been in???? the edges curl up! just imagine those edges
curling up under your tiles!!:thumbsdown:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Just bumping some threads in the underfloor heating forum. You can now find and search for both electric underfloor heating and water underfloor heating threads. By the way, if you feel some of the threads you want to be seen at the top of the forum need to be bumped back, for the next month or so from now, feel free to do that. Although it's not usually something we allow, whilst we're going through this process of changing over forum software, we see the need for this to happen.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to UFH Height, Transition to Adjacent Flooring in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’ve a fairly basic question I thinks, hope someone can help me out with. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.