Discuss urine infection. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Bit of a strange subject title for a tiling forum, but that’s what I’ve had for the past 10 days.

It all started with the shivers last Saturday week. Midnight and bedtime, I could not get rested. I was wrapped up in clothes, dressing gown and duvet and I was absolutely freezing.
Sunday morning I woke to the worlds biggest hangover. Crushing head, eyes feeling like rocks. I managed a small bowl of ready brek and back to bed with some headache tablets.
This carried on till Wednesday when I called my Doctor with my symptoms. He got me round to the surgery straight away and started me on a course of antibiotics for a urine infection.

So, from Sunday to Wednesday I had only eaten 2 small bowls of cerial and 4 slices of toast.

By Thursday I was worse so I rang the new NHS Direct. I told the operator I was eating Anadins like Smarties. She said what’s Anadin !!!!! She also asked me to turn the lights off and turn them back on again……..do your eyes hurt?............It was 14:00 in the afternoon!!!

Straight to A&E and spent a night being hooked up to a drip, and giving loads of blood/urine for testing purposes. Chucked out of bed the following afternoon, then sat in the waiting room for 4 hours for my discharge papers and meds. I was feeling worse coming out of hospital than I had going in.

Back home Friday night and back to bed fully topped up with pain killers and antibiotics and fluids.

I have now emerged on Tuesday morning feeling a little bit better and now feel that I am on the mend.

This infection really knocked the stuffing out of me. I was not able to do anything except sleep and feel totally sick. I’ve lost 7llbs but I’m sure that will pile on again within the next few days.

I turned down one new job and had to pass on 2 other jobs I had booked in.

In my whole working career this infection has literally brought me to my knees for 2 weeks (as I won’t be working the rest of the week). Plus I have to go back to the hospital on Friday for tests.

Why did’t I go to the hospital earlier?.........because I Googled my symptoms and it said I had a ‘virus’ !!!!!!! Ummmmmm

Yep , forget google in future , get straight to docs. Take it from someone who knows. First major flare i had of my long term illness i left it too long ( as blokes do ) and lost 2.5 stone in the process, ended up spending 1 month in hospital. Learnt my lesson , cos in '11 i spotted it early, and oy lost lost 0.5 stone b4 being admitted, which led to only 3 weeks in hospital that time :).
Diggy

Last edited:

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Bit of a **** up (pardon the pun!) with appointments. supposed to have appointment tomorrow, but it got cancelled yesterday and a new one set for yesterday! Yes, NHS sent me a letter on the day of cancellation! Anyway, been to hospital today and Doc said I have an enlarged prostate. I'm 50 in about 6 weeks, so that's spot on for when these things start to happen. The enlargement shows up in a blood test. So more tests and appointment to come. Nearly lost a stone in weight in less than 2 weeks, but feeling better.

Living on Covent Garden chicken soup and shortbread biscuits!

Looking forward to going back to work now.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to urine infection. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I’m a complete amateur at this apart from an afternoon spent researching the internet. Two...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
    • Dislike
Hi all, new to this forum so thank you in advance for reading my post. I'll try to be short and...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB