UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss van and tools stolen in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

a friend of mine who does occasional work for me has just had his long wheel base high transit stolen last night with all his tools inside.
hes mainly in to granite worktops and hence has lost kit related to that type of work.
loads of quality drill bits/pads/ diamond wheels / makita cordless angle grinder/ makita variable speed drill/makita jigsaw for templating/makita cordless drill/ ribbed yellow stabila levels.
if anyone has any good kit they dont use and might like to sell would love to hear.
equally if hear of any tools like this being sold on cheap as job lot, could be interesting.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

this happened to me same van alarmed yale locks dead lock on steering wheel they must have just picked it up there are proffesionl gangs who speshalise in this kind of theft dont beat your self up its not your fault .the thing that hurts most is when you look for that tool you had for years and then rember you had it stolen. a man that takes your tools takes your living. death to them all buy a thousand cuts

C

Colour Republic

Exactly that Ray!!!

I had a tool box stolen off a site many years ago now, the total value of tools inside probably didn't break £300 but it was invaluable to me as it was full of weird and wonderful tools that either A) they don't make anymore B) couldn't remember where I'd bought it or C) I didn't even know what they were called! So no chance of replacing them unless I lucked across them one day. It would have hurt less than if I'd lost a single high value tool of say £800

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
What really gets me is the fact whenever something's stolen, whatever it may be, the scum always say 'insurance will pay for it', and don't get that it has a knock on effect.

Insurance don't pay for it!!! Customers pay higher premiums to cover the cost for the insurance company.

I had my car stolen 18 months ago and the problems that it caused us having to borrow others peoples cars, sorting insurance out, collecting stolen car, having it repaired etc, amounted to time off work=lost wages

Hope your mate gets his kit back and the thieving scum get what they deserve

A

Alan M

there was a job i was on a while back , one of the subbys started taking a few bits, nothing big but it was noticed but not proven. the owner of the tools watched for him one day adn caught them at it. he got a few of his mates on the site together. they galvobanded him to the ceiling until the next morning . they took everything out of his van that was any good. then called his boss and told him what had happen. the boss had to drive about 2 hours to unscrew him from the ceiling . neadless to say he never got work around again

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to van and tools stolen in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

W
This is sort of related to phils theft from his van. A plumber I was chatting to yesterday had...
Replies
Views
D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
Q
Alan from ATS diamond tools sent me a handful of new and untested vacuum brazed diamond core...
Replies
Views
B
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone starting in the tiling business! I am selling my...
Replies
Views
Bushwhacker1
B
G
If I ever was cool that is.. For the past year I have been working with my brother since our...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.