Search the forum,

Discuss Wall and Floor Tiling Advice for Kate the Mate in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Perry

i wouldn't pay him for the materials unless he is going to pay you for your time and worry Kate take one from the other and send him your invoice for the difference :pete

T

tootall66

Well done Kate for standing your ground :hurray:, i bet you feel a whole lot better now than you did last night.

Don't pay him a penny,

About the small cuts on the floor is most of it hidden by the sink & toilet ?
and what size are the cuts opposite that wall ?

Reaction score
Martyn, I know he used 'no more ply' but no idea what he used to stick them down. I only noticed this small strip when I looked at the pictures. The untiled area is where the shower is due to go.

Oh, another thing. He tiled behind the towel rail through the bars!! And the horrible looking things on the tissue on the floor are his used tea bags!

Attachments

• PB030108.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 108
  • PB030110.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Reaction score
Tootall66, he started at the other side of the room, under the bath, with a full sized tile. The loo will be positioned over the thin pieces.

T

tootall66

Thanks Kate if you can live with that its not ever so bad as long as the floor has been laid to the correct spec
In his defence the floor don't look too bad in that photo
However to the right of the towel rad there appears to be a bow/camber on the horizontal joints

S

Stewart

If the guy was a plumber, why is he tiling round a radiator instead of removing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.....

Reply to Wall and Floor Tiling Advice for Kate the Mate in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen