Search the forum,

Discuss Wall and Floor Tiling Advice for Kate the Mate in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Kate

just had a thought

depending on how well today goes, can you refer him to this site for membership, its better we re educate him than he runs around oxfordshire lashing up peoples wetrooms

Interestingly I have two friends in the area, both looking for tilers, one for a wetroom, who were waiting on the results of mine before going ahead.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
My mistake, I thought the second picture showed the start of the shower, I'll take a look again, given his performance so far, I wouldn't let him loose to do anything else, Mike or Scotley seem to be in your area ??????

Reaction score
I agree, Alan. I have lost all confidence that we can achieve a good result. Better to stop now than carry on and make things worse. Is it easy to get those tiles off without damaging the walls? I'm wondering if I can do it myself. Get the tiles off that is, not tile the walls!!

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Don't forget to update us Kate on what his explanation is for his substandard work, I'll be following this thread with interest on my Blackberry today.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
If you have a flat trowel you can try and get it under the top tile and lever it off the wall, try and get under as far as you can, you might have to twist it side to side to try and dig under, no harm intrying, one or two tile may break though due to the nature of the stone, or maybe a bolster chisel and a hammer, gently though, let us know what goes on.

Reaction score
Don't worry, I'll keep you informed. Husband hung around but he has just had to leave for work so I'm doing the deed by myself. I was hoping they would be here early but no such luck.

Reaction score
I've just found a big empty tub of Bostic ready made adhesive in the rubbish bin too. Not sure if that's been used on the walls.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
If they have used that your in luck, the tiles should pop off easier, and the adhesive should clean off the tile easier, try it now, the longer you wait the harder it will be, no matter what they have used.

G

Gazzer

That tub may have been used to mix adhesive in though. i would guess that if the lid is with the bucket it has been used.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
That tub may have been used to mix adhesive in though. i would guess that if the lid is with the bucket it has been used.

Good point, how many mixing buckets do you throw away though lol, unless it's holed, speculation on all parts, are they there yet Kate / Have you tried removing a tile and asking what was used ?

Reply to Wall and Floor Tiling Advice for Kate the Mate in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen