UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Was your course any good.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fekin

Mine would of rally fallen into the not really what I expected but I learnt enough to make up for it bracket.

I suppose really we wrere taught the bare minimum needed, but there again it was only a 4 day course, but there was a hell of a lot more they could of simply told us, or even made out fact sheets explaining more about adhesives and substrats etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rad2474

I did the nett course and am hoping to break into tiling. I'm moving house and need kitchen walls,floors doing utility room and bathroom walls and floor so even if i wasn't looking to become a tiler what i learnt will allow me to do my house and still be cheaper than paying someone also the satisfaction of doing it myself.And my firm gave me £250 towards the cost so only cost me £200.

F

frogeye

Did the 4 week PTS Warrington course.
Practical side excellent, some of the supplied handouts a bit poor.
Different people had different needs, so some of the 'lectures' were not as useful to some as to others. George take note.
Break all the tiles you wanted - no restrictions
Some of the supplied hand tools were past their best and made life harder - nibblers - Beano! -
Some facilities also poor. For a new training venue I would have expected a changing room at least. Greater use of technology would have been better too. Plus the bloody radio blarring out all day was a pain - is that part of the training? Tune radio to just off station and turn up the volume? Perhaps I am getting old? I could go on but overall - well worth it. Great crack.

frogeye

M

mikedavey

I done a 4 week course at DIAMOND. Wanted to do the full 6 weeks but i was off work with a make believe bad back & taking 4 weeks off was a bit tricky as it was.
Lol

Excellent course, loads of practical stuff......trouble is i've done a couple of jobs already & i realise that experience is so important, plus this site is BRILLIANT for learning.

Some things i never learnt were priming walls & cuts around plug sockets. I mean we just applied tiles to the wall, but when you want them to stay up there is a lot more to know.

The guys from Diamond are top bananas & they offer help & advice over the phone as well which is great.......

S

stottey

true i wish i found this site before i could of saved money ...lol but the pts course was good windows was off set along with the bath and sink but who would cut around a sink,loo with nips if there are have a good job then no need. i just ask the customer how much is the sink then smash it up then replace it ...lol i wish. but ya the courses out there are just a starting point. you really do learn when your in the real world as ive found out not been doing it long but really enjoying it just wished i did it b4. just need to learn to plaster now...:hurray:

J

john32145

hi

i done a course at diamond done the 6 week course, i finished just before xmas, i was surprised at the amount off preperation that goes into tiling something whether it be bathroom,kitchen,floor.planning is the key.

i got my first job next week so i guess il find out just how much i did learn lol

seriously though i think the course was well worth the money and im looking forward to getting started.

john

B

brian c

I done a 4 week course at DIAMOND. Wanted to do the full 6 weeks but i was off work with a make believe bad back & taking 4 weeks off was a bit tricky as it was.
Lol

Excellent course, loads of practical stuff......trouble is i've done a couple of jobs already & i realise that experience is so important, plus this site is BRILLIANT for learning.

Some things i never learnt were priming walls & cuts around plug sockets. I mean we just applied tiles to the wall, but when you want them to stay up there is a lot more to know.

The guys from Diamond are top bananas & they offer help & advice over the phone as well which is great.......
are you sure you never got told about priming and cutting around sockets,use apd primer and set out properly and or use a grinder if big format tiles.

Reply to Was your course any good.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use...
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
Hi Just after any advice on starting up as a tiler , same old stuck in a dead end boring job...
Replies
Views
Hello, after tiling the kitchen area I did grouting but I am not happy with the results. The...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.