UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Was your course any good.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
First one I done was Bal, Was doing a course at british gypsum, a bal rep popped in offering courses, never cost me a penny and they paid for the accommadation:lol:

I too did a course at BAL about that time. Though it was when they stopped paying for the hotel. But as I lived around the corner at the time I just popped in. :)

R

Rosco0110

My course was NETT, actually sat next to ivegotsTile. Course was very good, had some skills previous to course, but Darren added loads more and gave me a lot of confidence. Own business been running now for 8 months and just getting busier and busier. You do learn a lot after the course on the job, but for using correct adhesive etc, planning, and some business tips Darren is the man.:hurray:

L

lendini

I went on a 3 week tiling course at uktilingcourses wow what a great time we all had.Learnt so much about tiling ,enough to make me want to set up business and get straight out there.We learnt all aspects of the trade.Also we had such a laugh as well.In my honest opinion i think you learn more when you are having fun as it takes the school room appeal off it and you relax far more and take more in.The only gripe about this course was the last day when we all parted.We were like a band of brothers.Great lunch and if peter (the boss) gets to air the moths from his wallet ,he will get ya a pint.
All in all money well spent and a joy to learn the trade.great course well done uktilingcourses.

O

OnthelevelPhil

I have recently just finished the * day full course @ North East Tiling Training in South Shields I think this is the best course I have ever been on, as an ex submariner with no end of world skills under my belt, I think from what I thought I was "a perfectionist" (a competent & attentive tiler ) there is no substitute for being shown "not only the correct way to tile" but the BEST way to tile, :yes:

The way Darren floats the course gets you hooked in and absorbed ' It is perfection as he just passes on best way practices & methods over & over until you can't really believe that you can do such a thing with a tile, & just when you may think you are safe Paul & Colin take over & take you to the next level, & the best advice in my life From Paul is "near enough, is never near enough" EXACT is & stop until you get EXACT Thank you Paul & Colin the lesson is logged & stored & every time I am 1mm out (& I won't be) Paul I will think of you (Thank You for your patience) Daren & Debbie/Tracy _ Great course 100 - out of 10 >>>>> Sorry bit of a Divvy there North East Tiling Training. was the course >>>>> best ever recommended all the stars ... :cheers2:

H

heatybob

Just finished 8 day course at NETT,and enjoyed every minute,darren teaches in such a manner that it is not like being leactured but the info he gives(and there is a lot)seems to sink in.
It is not just the tiling,i could feel my confidence growing each day and by the end of it you feel like a tiler can talk the talk,and are armed with that confidence to walk the walk!!
excellant course,and imo great value for money :hurray:

U

user123

Have given feedback on the NETT course thread, but yes, Darren's course has the overwhelmingly positive feedback because it simply couldn't be any better. Business advice, cautions, do's and don'ts from all angles, clear explanations, patient repetition, printed sheet backup, preparation and finishing off, importance of time and efficiency, how to qualify customers first off, how to keep books, how and how not to advertise, dealing with tricky out of synch window recesses, and sockets in the middle of a tile, tiling and sealing around a bath properly, setting out quickly and acurately, difference between adhesive preparation for floors and walls, perfect siliconing, the list goes on and on - as far as tiling courses go the NETT course got the absolute X-factor. Value for money? You bet! I had done quite a lot of tiling before, taught by my ex who was a city & guilds qualified tiler, painter and decorator and thought I had done ok-ish, now I wish I could go back to the 4 houses and redo the lot, in quarter of the time and ten times better. No more hollow sounds from now on, promise. I do have the absolute confidence now I wanted to combine my artistic mosaics with a befitting tiling job, great.

So all in all not just useful, but great memories, too, one of those life experiences you look back on and smile.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
North East
There are a lot of courses out there that should be shut down, they take peoples money and give poor advice, should be treated by trading standards really, then theres the poor customers that end up with a poor quality job, Think wisely and do your research well on all courses you are thinking of attending before parting with your hard earned cash
Regards
Darren

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Was your course any good.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use...
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
Hi Just after any advice on starting up as a tiler , same old stuck in a dead end boring job...
Replies
Views
Hello, after tiling the kitchen area I did grouting but I am not happy with the results. The...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.