Discuss web links in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

How the hell do you do them? I have tried and tried and tried but it does not work.

I have a section in my control panel called manage DNS, it in turn has something like this.

A CNAME TXT

A, CNAME and TXT records Warning - It looks like you're using some of our Internet Marketing tools. If you change the IP addresses from 94.136.40.196 some or all of these tools will stop working. NameTypeContentDelete @ A CNAME TXT @ A CNAME TXT www A CNAME TXT Add new entry A CNAME TXT

The drop down box in the middle has an A, CNAME and TXT options?

What are they? I want to link to twitter and facebook, I get the codes etc but where do they go in a template set up?

:mad2::mad2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo - don't mess with that! :lol:

That's to change how your domain name is handled. So you can point it around to different servers or whatever. You're likely to knock the website offline messing with that, and it can take a couple of days to come back online when you set the settings right again.

What you want to do is log in your website, and physically link to facebook, twitter etc by adding the link to the page a little like you do here. Log out of that control panel asap! And log in via FTP to your actual hosting space.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Ahhh, right okay. They won't help you add links to your site mate they're just a domain registrar who control your domain name for you. Like I say you need to login your actual hosting space via FTP (file transfer protocol) and download your website to your computer, add the links to a links page or some other page, and then upload it back to the web space. :thumbsup:

Reply to web links in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
C
Hi, I have removed the floor tiles from my kitchen floor but need to get the adhesive type...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
C
Hi, I have removed the floor tiles from my kitchen floor but need to get the adhesive type...
Replies
Views
chrissie
C
D
Ok, so i've been looking into creating a website, as we all know, how important our presence...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
I wouldn't want to 'test' the attackers so don't post anything about this anywhere public. If...
Replies
Views
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
web links
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.