Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Wet cutter? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

Paul
Just trying to offer my input as an experienced tiler who has used a multitude of methods, ALL of my cuts are spot on every time.
For me, grinders with the right blades & a steady hand are quick & easy to use & more transportable. I have over £1500's worth of Rubi & Norton wet cutters in my garage that I hardly use.Personal choice.
Use whatever you feel comfortable with. As long as the end result is good,then who cares !

Y

Just to add,a grinder seems to some,a very under rated tool.
Did a 100 metre slate floor earlier this year in a barn conversion, tiles were 600 x 400 x 15mm thick. Majority of cuts were to edges,which were to be covered with 20mm thick skirting board.
I took my 9" Bosch Pro grinder with a dry cutting stone disc. One good quick pass with grinder then knock off waste & job done.
Mate of mine brought along his very expensive Rodia bridge saw,which took ages to set up & lug around,did lovely clean cuts,but was comparatively very slow. He left it at home after day 1 & used my grinder.
Although my cuts are good, there is not always the need to have perfect edges. Speed is often more beneficial.

Y

Of course....:smilewinkgrin:

Tradetiler.. TradeTiler.Ltd Montolit Diamond Wheels

It is not the machine that does the cutting it is the blade, the machine is purely the power source..:thumbsup: but you do need some good power to cut thick materials..:smilewinkgrin:

But no grinder sizes.. i will race you my DNA/Dewalt combo against your grinder..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Never used one,heard they are good.

andy-p

TF
Arms
Paul
Just trying to offer my input as an experienced tiler who has used a multitude of methods, ALL of my cuts are spot on every time.
For me, grinders with the right blades & a steady hand are quick & easy to use & more transportable. I have over £1500's worth of Rubi & Norton wet cutters in my garage that I hardly use.Personal choice.
Use whatever you feel comfortable with. As long as the end result is good,then who cares !
Im with Yorkshire 100 % here , ive got 4 table saws and a rodia bridge but my makita grinder with a marcrist blade is used the majority of the time when conditions prevail , the only time i have used a wet cutter recently was cutting 600x400 trav ... :thumbsup:

Y

Im with Yorkshire 100 % here , ive got 4 table saws and a rodia bridge but my makita grinder with a marcrist blade is used the majority of the time when conditions prevail , the only time i have used a wet cutter recently was cutting 600x400 trav ... :thumbsup:

The Rubi porcelain grinder blade is well worth a try.,
Surpasses Markrist. No chipping,do not use on tiles other than porcelain or you will shorten it's life & results !
Specific diamonds & bonding are used on different blades dependent upon their specific use. So, if you use a blade designed for hard materials on soft materials & vice versa,you will drastically shorten their life & effectiveness !

andy-p

TF
Arms
The Rubi porcelain grinder blade is well worth a try.,
Surpasses Markrist. No chipping,do not use on tiles other than porcelain or you will shorten it's life & results !
Specific diamonds & bonding are used on different blades dependent upon their specific use. So, if you use a blade designed for hard materials on soft materials & vice versa,you will drastically shorten their life & effectiveness !
Good advice!! the angle grinder is the tilers best friend and its the one piece of kit i wouldnt be without...:thumbsup:

Reply to Wet cutter? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
HI FOLKS. LOOKING TO EXPAND ON MY TILING TOOLS AND INVEST IN A WET TILE CUTTER. WITH SO MANY...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I’m after a new hand held wet & dry saw cos my dewalts had it, and been looking at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. New to the forum. Transferring my skills from DIY to making tiling a profession. What...
Replies
Views
Maciej
M

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Wet cutter?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%