Discuss What a brilliant job on our Bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

lawrenso

Hi,

I will be posting pictures later on, to follow up on the recommendations posts.

We chose Young Stone Tiles from CTD for both the wall and floors (floor had previously been tiled but 6 needed replacing) - Mocha and Beige (they have a twinkle in them - more noticable in the Mocha), with the Autumnal Mosaics (Square). The tilers set out the room brilliantly and finished the window spot on. All tiles were laid on a full bed, applied with a trowel. We used Schluter Quadec trims around the door, window and shelf in a satin finish, using the matching corners. The room is not finished requiring basin and toilet to be fitted (couple of weeks) and the electrics doing (when SWMBO lets me get the time :thumbsup:) and the door replacing, however the kids can now get a bath. Walls need an extra wash but we are really happy.

Again, I would recommend Finesse Tiling of Chester to anybody.

Cheers guys

Steve

L

lawrenso

As promised guys, here are the photo's. The guys have now joined the Forum - hopefully they will pop in and say hello to you all.

Cheers

Steve

Attachments

• DSC_1845.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 294
  • DSC_1844.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC_1843.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC_1842.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC_1841.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 317
L

lawrenso

Looks great mate.
Shame the window trim isn't mitred.
So glad you've finally got the bathroom you deserved.

With my misses and kids - you have to protect every point. Besides, the Quadec looks nice as we have used it around the door (not on the wood though) and carries it through the room..

Need to order my drill bits from 365 now for the other stuff to be fitted :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

L

lawrenso

Hey Steve, how have you, sorry meant the wife and kids :smilewinkgrin:, been coping without a bathroom? I'm just a bit concerned that 3 days ago you still hadn't had the basin and toilet fitted :yikes:

It's looks the monkeys banana's Steve :hurray: Glad it all came good for you in the end :thumbsup:

We have an en-suite - not much fun trying to shower a 5yr old and 3yr old in a 760mm corner entry shower!!! and a downstairs cloak as well.

Once completed, and got the dosh together we will begin on our en-suite (wonder how long that one will take :dizzy2:) - looking at making it into a wet room :thumbsup:. That was what part of this was about - but the bathroom was only half tiled originally with no shower - thought - do the bathroom - get a shower in there - can be used while en-suite out of action. The misses and I are shower people!!

Also, thermastatic shower going in rather than the mixer tap shower we had before which trying to set a temperature on was like trying to light a candle in a hurricane!!!:mad2:

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Daveyboy

Bathroom looking a damm sight better Steve...I could hear your sigh of relief and cheers of joy all the way down here in Hampshire :hurray::lol::lol: I think the metal beading and corner cuts look good, classy...

Would be a different matter if it were plastic strips... personally, I find they never match the grout/silicon, joints never look good, looks out dated and ruin the look of the tiling....

Looking forward to the finished photos...:thumbsup:

L

lawrenso

aha !!! Found the pictures. Looks lovely. Im going to use a picture to show a customer for the colours as they have around the same size bathroom.

if thats ok of course !!

Not a problem with that at all. Hope you get the job!!

Thanks for all the comments - can't wait. Going to be getting started on the electrics shortly - IP65 Downlights around the ceiling - don't know whether to go with 5 or 6 (5 would use the hole for the existing light), setting the fan to be on the pull chord alone rather than the lights as well, and the light switch being moved to a switch unit just outside the bathroom door. I know you are all going to shout Part P but I am going to get the council (BR) to inspect the work as it will all be accessible for this - used to do electrics in the Forces upto 20 KWatts and 100Amps.

Steve

Reply to What a brilliant job on our Bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We have had a tile tile a bathroom and an ensuite and are not happy with the overall finish of...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all. In line with my other thread asking for some opinions on tiling layouts for my bathroom...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
It was his first day today. I found him on mybuilder. He wasn't the cheapest quote and I chose...
Replies
Views
K
Hello, I am new to this site and seeking some advice on the tiling in our new bathroom. We are...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB