Discuss What a brilliant job on our Bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

lawrenso

Hi,

I will be posting pictures later on, to follow up on the recommendations posts.

We chose Young Stone Tiles from CTD for both the wall and floors (floor had previously been tiled but 6 needed replacing) - Mocha and Beige (they have a twinkle in them - more noticable in the Mocha), with the Autumnal Mosaics (Square). The tilers set out the room brilliantly and finished the window spot on. All tiles were laid on a full bed, applied with a trowel. We used Schluter Quadec trims around the door, window and shelf in a satin finish, using the matching corners. The room is not finished requiring basin and toilet to be fitted (couple of weeks) and the electrics doing (when SWMBO lets me get the time :thumbsup:) and the door replacing, however the kids can now get a bath. Walls need an extra wash but we are really happy.

Again, I would recommend Finesse Tiling of Chester to anybody.

Cheers guys

Steve

C

Colour Republic

Not a problem with that at all. Hope you get the job!!

Thanks for all the comments - can't wait. Going to be getting started on the electrics shortly - IP65 Downlights around the ceiling - don't know whether to go with 5 or 6 (5 would use the hole for the existing light), setting the fan to be on the pull chord alone rather than the lights as well, and the light switch being moved to a switch unit just outside the bathroom door. I know you are all going to shout Part P but I am going to get the council (BR) to inspect the work as it will all be accessible for this - used to do electrics in the Forces upto 20 KWatts and 100Amps.

Steve

Why do you want the extractor to be on a different switch? If you don't want the fan to come on with the lights you can purchase a 'Humidity Fan' which will only come on when the room hits a certain humidity.

If you still want the fan on it's own switch, you can buy a pull cord dimmer for the lights for a bit of mood lighting:thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What a brilliant job on our Bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We have had a tile tile a bathroom and an ensuite and are not happy with the overall finish of...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all. In line with my other thread asking for some opinions on tiling layouts for my bathroom...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
It was his first day today. I found him on mybuilder. He wasn't the cheapest quote and I chose...
Replies
Views
K
Hello, I am new to this site and seeking some advice on the tiling in our new bathroom. We are...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB