Discuss What is this country becoming in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

There is no discipline any more. You arn't allowed to discipline and we are reaping the consequences of this. With discipline comes respect, you get repect nowadays for carrying a gun or a knife even though this is outside the law.
The poloticians on all sides have lost sight of the fact that it dosen't matter how many laws are on the Statute Books, if someone is an habitual law breaker they'll carry on regardless. i wasn't having a go at the eastern european folk that came here to work as i don't class them as scroungers, they're workers. i am talking about bogus asylum seekers and illegal immigrants that are draining our benefits and taxation system. i reckon there is more people not paying taxes now than there are paying taxes. one of the many reasons this country has gone to the dogs.
As for the 'scrounging foreigner' remark', unfortunatly I think you'll find that its the indigenous people that are the scroungers! The eastern European folk that headed to the Uk did so to work. Some of them may have worked on the black no doubt, but they were working. I think you'll also find that since the 'downturn', most of them have returned home.
i wasn't having a go at the eastern european folk that came here to work as i don't class them as scroungers, they're workers. i am talking about bogus asylum seekers and illegal immigrants that are draining our benefits and taxation system. i reckon there is more people not paying taxes now than there are paying taxes. one of the many reasons this country has gone to the dogs.
As for the 'scrounging foreigner' remark', unfortunatly I think you'll find that its the indigenous people that are the scroungers! The eastern European folk that headed to the Uk did so to work. Some of them may have worked on the black no doubt, but they were working. I think you'll also find that since the 'downturn', most of them have returned home

The update is the girl has been released from the hospital after a bit of plasitc surgery souns like the quick actions of a few people saved her life
She lives less than 1000 yds from my home and it really has shaken us all up
My son is at the primary school in the next road where we also live and the school she goes to is getting better every year Its a nice area to live in

Totally shocked and saddened for the girl and all involved but big amount of respect for the lad who dived in to save her (incidently he is the son of my sons schools head )

We did hear it was drugs and gang related ie she hadnt payed her supplier so he stabbed her. This is not true at all She is a good kid with a good family and has nothing to do with drugs . The lad who commited this is also from a good family with a mom who is a headmistriss sound like he was a bit of a loner. He did know the girl but how well im not sure

lucky escape but it will leave her scarred physically and mentally for life !

S

ScottG13

Just yesterday, round the corner from me 24 year old stabbed in the neck, air lifted to hospital, not looking good. The reason I think it is getting worse is when i was younger (bear in mind I am 30, so not that long ago) if you got into a fight you had a fight. One gets the better of the other, that was it. Now if you were to do the same chances are you will end up with a knife in your back because everyone seems to be carrying one.

Just yesterday, round the corner from me 24 year old stabbed in the neck, air lifted to hospital, not looking good. The reason I think it is getting worse is when i was younger (bear in mind I am 30, so not that long ago) if you got into a fight you had a fight. One gets the better of the other, that was it. Now if you were to do the same chances are you will end up with a knife in your back because everyone seems to be carrying one.

exactly what we were talking about yesterday Ive been in a lot of scraps during my "growing up " years never backed down and lost many a time but ive always had the guts to go upto whoever it was i was fighting with a make sure they are ok or congratulate him ( or on one occasion when i was 5 her ) these days its a knife or a bottle

Reply to What is this country becoming in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

W
:dizzy2:A few days ago i needed to pop into town to pick up some bits and pay some money into me...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
U
Drafting men over 60----this is funny & obviously written by a Former Soldier- I am over 60...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
W
Last episode saw me on weymouth beach being attacked by a mad man in a wheel chair. Later on...
Replies
Views
GazTech
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
What is this country becoming
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.