Discuss What one thing would you implement to 'fix' the economy ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I'm going to start this thread, and may it turn into a long winded battle of ideas and thoughts.

We clearly have an idiot running our country, GREAT BRITAIN, when it comes down to it, he employs people that think up new ways to con us out of more and more money. Idiots such as George Osbourne, wanting to tax pasties.

These are the people WE voted into the biggest job in our land.

I personally think he is not strong enough for the position, his backbone is weak and he can not make the massive changes to our life that is needed to bring us out of recession. To make the land a better place.

What are these changes I hear you say ? I personally don't know but if I had to start somewhere I would not be taxing the fuel as much, as this is a persons means of getting to work. Some people work miles and miles away and cover vast amounts each day, from the parcel companies to the one man band tradesmen. If people had half the money back each week they spend on fuel then surely this will boost the economy ? Am I wrong in thinking this?

I would be hiking up the price of tobacco to such an amount where people can not afford to smoke ie £20 a packet, as this much loved passtime, being one of mine until 3 weeks and 4 days ago, is only costing everyone money in the treatment of all smoking related illnessess.

For my third change to the country I would have everyone who is in jail, doing time, plain and simple. No tv, no pool, just the choice of education, if they wanted it. They chose to commit the crime, let them do the time.

I'm far from into politics but I would like to take a closer look at the world that I am living in and paying for.

I wouldnt know where to start with the lazy arses that won't work. All I can think is that the world needs balance and they balance out the hard grafters in this life...trying to make them work will be nigh on impossible...maybe leading to higher crime figures???

Rant over... :)

A

Alan M

not sure about your country but it would work here.
i would create a system where everybody in the country is in a list. when you are working officially you are moved to a working list . every body on the first list then is not working or incapable of working.
everybodys trade , etc is listed.
then people go to their local council office and give them a list of jobs they want done in their area. be it sweeping the roads,cutting grass, picking up poo, sitting with the elderly ,talking to the lonely, cutting trees, etc etc.
even the mildly disabled (lots of people are technically disabled but perfectly capible of doing light work or even just taling to old people etc)

if they wont do the work then they wont get any welfare etc.
i would also put people doing minor crime (dumping ,drunken behavior etc) on a sub list that would be picking up rubish, diging holes, rodding sewers etc.

W

White Room

I'm going to start this thread, and may it turn into a long winded battle of ideas and thoughts.

We clearly have an idiot running our country, GREAT BRITAIN, when it comes down to it, he employs people that think up new ways to con us out of more and more money. Idiots such as George Osbourne, wanting to tax pasties.

These are the people WE voted into the biggest job in our land.

I personally think he is not strong enough for the position, his backbone is weak and he can not make the massive changes to our life that is needed to bring us out of recession. To make the land a better place.

What are these changes I hear you say ? I personally don't know but if I had to start somewhere I would not be taxing the fuel as much, as this is a persons means of getting to work. Some people work miles and miles away and cover vast amounts each day, from the parcel companies to the one man band tradesmen. If people had half the money back each week they spend on fuel then surely this will boost the economy ? Am I wrong in thinking this?

I would be hiking up the price of tobacco to such an amount where people can not afford to smoke ie £20 a packet, as this much loved passtime, being one of mine until 3 weeks and 4 days ago, is only costing everyone money in the treatment of all smoking related illnessess.

For my third change to the country I would have everyone who is in jail, doing time, plain and simple. No tv, no pool, just the choice of education, if they wanted it. They chose to commit the crime, let them do the time.

I'm far from into politics but I would like to take a closer look at the world that I am living in and paying for.

I wouldnt know where to start with the lazy arses that won't work. All I can think is that the world needs balance and they balance out the hard grafters in this life...trying to make them work will be nigh on impossible...maybe leading to higher crime figures???

Rant over... :)

We are in so much debt it's got to be paid in some way, the previous government got us there.......

If people are earning then they spending, sort out the free loaders who live and take the pee out of the system.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
You think this bloke running our country is an idiot, then his predecessors were the equivalent of Basil Fawlty running a hotel. Gordon Brown, supposed to be the best chancellor this country has ever had, don't make me laugh. He couldn't make money picking up fivers.

Stop the influx of migrants taking millions if not billions off the welfare state. Although the fact of the matter is, it's too late, they're in and there's no stopping them now

S

Spud

cut youth unemployment by 50% overnight by cutting car insurance for under 25 year old drivers it is impossible to insure a young driver on your work vehicle at a reasonable price which is stopping tradesmen and even bigger companies employing youngsters
offer a one off vat free voucher for large purchases such as cars ,extensions on your home this would generate spending and hopefully bring us out of recession

D

Deleted member 9966

Always felt that the media helped bring on recession by scaring people into not spending their money.

yep, this is what has definitely happened. you need to spend your way out of a recession, not hide your money away for a rainy day. carry on as if there were no recession. yes tighten belts a little, look for bargains, but don't put off buying stuff simply because we're in a recession.

bring all manufacturing back in uk and reward them with more people they employ less tax they pay

I'm all for this too. Some manufacturers are coming back now. I read about a company near Liverpool who sent all of their manufacturing to China. Over the last 15 years, the workers over there became more savvy, demanding 40% wage increases year on year, until management realised it was now no longer cost effective to produce overseas and bring it back to Britain. Some manufacturers never left, JCB, Toyota, Mini, Unilever, P&G, Heinz. What we need are tax breaks for returning businesses, and closed tax avoidance loopholes for the big companies who are getting away with paying tax on limited profits such as Starbucks. And Vodafone need to stop doing deals with the HMRC too. Time for all people and all companies to pay their fair share.

Build 500k council houses and do not allow people to buy them. This gives the country an asset , houses those who need to be housed , gets the construction industry underway etc etc.

However this unlikely to happen because of a few things. This extra housing stock would bring down the price of houses to where they should be which would :

a. Upset the house owning voters who believe their homes are currently worth much more than what they are .
b. Probably tip many into Neg Eq.
c. Shaft the banks as most of toxic stuff they hold is property related and would thus send their capital adequecy ratios up the creak.
d. Upset the buy to let brigade who have been left to ride rough shod over first time buyers by competing for the same properties but with tax breaks.

ya dee ya dee ya , I could go on , this is all a consequence of course of third way politics , cheap debt , cheap immigrant labour , and cheap imported chinese goods. Clinton & New Labour and the west in general have a lot to answer for imho are currently only reaping what they have sown .

I'll get my coat.

cheers

Diggy

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Build 500k council houses and do not allow people to buy them. This gives the country an asset , houses those who need to be housed , gets the construction industry underway etc etc.

However this unlikely to happen because of a few things. This extra housing stock would bring down the price of houses to where they should be which would :

a. Upset the house owning voters who believe their homes are currently worth much more than what they are .
b. Probably tip many into Neg Eq.
c. Shaft the banks as most of toxic stuff they hold is property related and would thus send their capital adequecy ratios up the creak.
d. Upset the buy to let brigade who have been left to ride rough shod over first time buyers by competing for the same properties but with tax breaks.

ya dee ya dee ya , I could go on , this is all a consequence of course of third way politics , cheap debt , cheap immigrant labour , and cheap imported chinese goods. Clinton & New Labour and the west in general have a lot to answer for imho are currently only reaping what they have sown .

I'll get my coat.

cheers

Diggy

To house people like Abu Qatada and Hamza, you know, those who embrace the country, and put in a hard days work, pay their taxes, and help out on the community. Oh I forgot these sponging low lifes already have 500k houses paid for by us mugs!!!

No thats not who or what I'm referring to , did you see me mention their likes in my post? no.

My point is more to do with bringing down the average cost of housing to make it more accessible to FTBs , which would be achieved by the above idea. You can argue about whom you want to put in that social housing at the next political debate you attend , but for now it would create jobs , roofs over peoples heads and an asset for the uk.

When was the last time you heard a politician say we need 'cheaper' housing , you haven't . The pc term they use for the masses is 'affordable' , which is a completely different thing.

Cheaper housing is a house that costs around 4 times average earnings ( about £100k ) .

Affordable housing is an expensive house ( current avg price is around 6 times average earnings or about £160k ) bought on cheap debt - the third way economic model - this model creates the illusion of wealth when in fact for most it means a bigger mortgage and a house full of cheap imported chinese tat , house prices are afterall a matter of opinion and not a matter of fact coupled with the amount of money a bank is prepared to lend.

Cheers

Diggy

I'm sure there are , but it's all relative to where you live. But getting back to point of the post , it's the construction industry that needs boosting as yet again it showed a a drop in output in yesterdays GDP figures.

Whether people want to build social housing , private housing or commercial property I don't particularly care but SOMETHING has to be done to boost construction because all that is happening is tinkering at the edges at the moment.

Funny , the government made a choice to give Irish banks £7Bil last year in order for them in turn to pay back money they owed to British banks. How about investing £7Bil in the UK economy instead of backdoor bailouts to banks.

Diggy

J

jlktiling

Stop the freeloaders, and spongers benefits, and make them all work for the councils repairing the road infastructre.

Hundreds and thousands of hard working families are on borderline poverty, but becasue they are being taxed to the hilt, they are struggling like never before.
Yet the lazy scum bags that sit on their fat behinds expecting everything, getr everything given to them!

Plus stop sending forieng aid to all countries. We need it more than they do!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What one thing would you implement to 'fix' the economy ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

T
Hi guys. Bit of a strange one this. Had a query from someone who has had tilers fitted by a...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
C
Due to the huge volume of enquiries we get for concrete countertop polishing we're looking for a...
Replies
Views
Concrete guy
C
P
there is a bit of a debate going on in the tiling world...........and I was wondering.....if you...
2 3
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
S
how exactly is the british economy from the view of the man on the street ie us; here in france...
Replies
Views
stephenoneill
S
I've had a couple of messages about this who has read a thread option. And I'm starting to...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB