Discuss what price would you charge??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CJ CERAMICS

why do you need a day to grout and seal ? and i think a day to move three appliances and remove the vinyl tiles is a bit strong.
imo this is a two day job and the price is still to cheep.

i dont actually need a day to grout and seal but the day itself will be finished as far as anything else goes.......oh and as too the day to remove 3 appliances and the old vinyl tiles this also includes laying the slc which cant be tiled on for 12 hours so after its down that day is finished as far as the job goes
chris

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'm not accusing you of anything here, but do you think there could have been a better way of giving the quote in this case? Do you think if you'd have gone back around to the customer with the price and walked them through the job showing them the costs involved. Perhaps even get the shop owner (assuming that's where the customer has come from) could vouch for your tiling?

If the customer doesn't use you, do you think the shop will hand out a cheaper card (let alone another?).

Have you asked why they think it's cheap? (I'd assume they had a cheaper quote if they had a price in mind, but more often than not, they don't, and they're assuming, so when you ask "may I ask why you think that my price is more than it should be?" - perhaps they come back with something you can reply to.

If it's a "oh, I just thought that sound expensive" one, tell them rip up the whatsit and level the floor and the price would be cheaper, but say this isn't just an easy floor to tile, it's a prep job too!

Sort of thing?!

C

CJ CERAMICS

thanks dan the only reason that i phoned the customer with the quote rather than my usual typed quote broken down was because they are at their sons from this afternoon and wont be back until monday.....i did say that i could call back with the quote on monday at a time to suit but they asked if i could just phone them on the mobile with the full price.....they did not seem bothered as to the step by step breakdown. I have spoken to Mark the owner of the tile showroom and he also says that he thought that i would have charged more.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Way too cheap (but I think you already know that!). I quoted £600 to lay 30sqm of 600x400 porcs (inc addy & grout). The customer came back and said I was too expensive. I told them to get other quotes (in fact I always put that advice on my quotes). I'm waiting for them to get back to me. The viny tiles could be a nightmare too!

D

Daz

Way too cheap (but I think you already know that!). I quoted £600 to lay 30sqm of 600x400 porcs (inc addy & grout). The customer came back and said I was too expensive. I told them to get other quotes (in fact I always put that advice on my quotes). I'm waiting for them to get back to me. The viny tiles could be a nightmare too!

How cheap??? :yikes::yikes::yikes:
£20 per sqm??? for porcelain.

Reply to what price would you charge??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Got a kitchen floor to do and it consists of a concrete floor which then meets a timber floor...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Just wondering everyone's thoughts on leveling schluter curbs. I'm installing a shower kit on...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
what price would you charge???
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.