Discuss What the hell is happening?! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

I'm not sure if the working time directive applies to those people who are self employed. I guess if you're contracting yourself around to different jobs, then you'll be classed as self employed. Unless you work for a company who pays your wages/tax/NI for you and just tell you where you need to be working each day.

The working time directive states that you need a minimum of 11 hours rest between finishing one shift/session of work and commencing the next. so dependent on whether the tiler is self employed or employed, he may be contravening the working time directive. Unless, of course, the tiler has agreed to waive his/her right to being subject to the working time directive. The UK is the only country left in Europe that allows people to pick and choose whether to opt in or opt out of the working time directive.

Reply to What the hell is happening?! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
    • Agree
When serving my time with mee oll mate desy ( God rest him ) , going back 15-20years ago we...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
Tile Shop
T
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
J
Hi guys, We bought our first house in 2012 and, like most first houses, it was in a terrible...
Replies
Views
J
P
Another Monday morning, another idiot trying my patience. I have had a delay on a job from...
Replies
Views
I

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
What the hell is happening?!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.