Discuss what would you do???? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Andy, this is what I would do, and you can take it or leave this advice. In situations like this (and funnily enough I have a similar situation going on right now). Tomorrow morning I am issuing a 'disclaimer' because I am now seriously under pressure to bring a contract in on programme. It will basically state we will undertake the works as instructed but we accept no responsibility, in any shape or form for any failures, as a direct result of the substrate not being ready to recieve the material.

The client then signs and dates it, and you carry on.

Basically you throw the problem right back at them.

Good luck

Lynn
Disclaimers are not worth the paper they are written on !!!!!.
We all have a duty of care , and if you know something is not right you will be guilty of going any further , you MUST STOP ! and only carrie on when it is right . sorry to sound grumpy here but it's not me it's the LAW ........

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
We all have a duty of care , and if you know something is not right you will be guilty of going any further , you MUST STOP ! and only carrie on when it is right . sorry to sound grumpy here but it's not me it's the LAW ........

Sorry officer diamond!! Hahaha get to bed you!!!.

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
P

Pebbs

Diamond you really are a grumpy old sort sometimes, contractually under a JCT contract a disclaimer, fundamentally states that you have been instructed to proceed even when you have set out the reasons for not wanting to proceed. If the client signs he is then accepting the liability, so should it ever come to adjudication it stands up. You seriously think a main contractor is going to wait for the screed to dry out when he might be faced with penalty clauses and liquidated damages on a contract? He will tell you to get straight of the site and get someone else in. I put a dispensation email in and they take the responsibility for any failures.

If the substrate is not satisfactory in your opinion, as I said you throw it straight back at the main contractor, it is not your responsibility to solve their problems. They don't like being told what to do, and if it all goes wrong they will slaughter you thats the fact of the matter. Like it or lump it.

Lynn

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to what would you do???? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Got a kitchen floor to do and it consists of a concrete floor which then meets a timber floor...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
First of all, I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times so apologies in advance! A...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB