Discuss when is a tiler not a tiler.... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Protilers

A tiler is not a tiler until........

1. they can "visualise" a job without the need for a tape measure.
2. they can grout "creativly"
3. they understand the required prep AND CAN COMPLETE WITHOUT GOING ON A FORUM!!!!!......
4. they can complete a basic geometric.....on thier own.............afterall....geometrics are just small tiles? arnt they?

21.24..............still page 3....

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

A tiler is not a tiler until........

1. they can "visualise" a job without the need for a tape measure.
2. they can grout "creativly"
3. they understand the required prep AND CAN COMPLETE WITHOUT GOING ON A FORUM!!!!!......
4. they can complete a basic geometric.....on thier own.............afterall....geometrics are just small tiles? arnt they?

21.24..............still page 3....

I though geometrics were old tilers who had lost the plot Lee, or is that geriatrics?:lol:

P

Protilers

Mostly THIS SEASON........

I have been sporting......

Grout and addy covered clothes..........mixed up with a variation of "SPLASHES"....of colour across the body.....

Firstly, A designer new look from Mapei.....which is a mix of keraquick and latex plus......spread equally over the fore arms...it is impossible to remove in one hit.....fullstop.....WONDERFUL!
also there has been an overspill of WeberPR360..........that will be going through to 2015....(its that resilient!).....

hheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

P

Pebbs

Ian, I don't know what to make of your question, and find it quite offensive as you give the impression that all contract tilers are just playing some kind of bang the tiles down as quickly as possible and walk of the job. Believe me the truth is far from that. We have to programme in work up to two years ahead, work out the logisitics, the substrate build up, and then file all the relevent documentation before we have even set foot on site. On the multitude of contracts you have work everyone and his uncle following the progress, snagging, self snagging and basically it can be a war zone. We do not have time to stand around, we have to get on with it, and ensure the workmanship is the highest that can be achieved. A good contract tiler, is someone who is at the top of his game, acurate, fast and takes pride in his workmanship. We know after a couple of days if they are up to it, if not they are told to pack up their tools and leave site immediately. As a side note, we are a finishing trade, if the substrate is out, or any other problems, then it is thrown straight back onto the main contractor. There is no excuse for sloppy work, never has been, or never will be. Reputation is everything on large projects, there is a massive difference between messing up someones bathroom to a 3500m2 hotel reception.

Pebbs

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to when is a tiler not a tiler.... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

C
hi there, i was not sure if i should put this in find a tiler section as i was more hoping the...
Replies
Views
Unused Account 1
U
I made a post earlier this year regarding poorly fixed tiles and after much to and fro the...
Replies
Views
T
This is the greatest forum in the world EVER..... [Now thats the arse kissing out the way] I do...
Replies
Views
ExplodingPudding
E
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
M
Tiler wanted for wall / floor tiling work First job in lincoln on cinema contract Immediate...
Replies
Views
Midlandsfloor
M

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB