Discuss When scotland go's indépendant in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

It annoys me that us British people haven't had a say in whether or not we should give away part of Britain. No doubt the Scotch will want it both ways, independence and support from Britain. They get massive subsidies up there already.

That's the problem right there, "we get massive subsidies"?
Who do you listen to, the Tory government?
Look a little deeper & you will see that we as per head of population put "IN" more than we get back out...

It annoys me that us British people haven't had a say in whether or not we should give away part of Britain. No doubt the Scotch will want it both ways, independence and support from Britain.

I don't really care either way but I agree on this bit. You can't split a country up and only ask 10% of the population if they want to do it. We all have an opinion. If they get a say on leaving then why shouldn't we get a say on throwing them out?!?

And more importantly, why can't Leafy Surrey gain independence? We pay in loads too and it all goes up north to support all them work shy Jordie tilers who only want to fit 2 inch square Victorian tiles once a month. If it wasn't for them we'd be rich...RICH I TELL YA!! :thumbsup:

J

jonnyc

Look a little deeper & you will see that we as per head of population put "IN" more than we get back out...
stef
i have not read up on this as much as i should and i am sure many others have not done so either until last few days when there is a panic on.
i am genuinely interested in what you are saying.
tell me what as head per population you put in more than you get out.
in the general domain in uk i dont think we are told that you are not getting a fair deal but our papers would say that i suppose.
for me personally i am just coming out of the recession with my company and looking forward.
i am sure you are feeling the same.
if scotland want independence then i understand that but i worry that both countries could really suffer . there seems to be so many uncertanties.
why is there a difference in dental care and university fees between uk and scotland.
surely if we are unified it should be the same for all.

S

Stef

Do the Scots actually believe everything Salmond is saying........he's a Politician for gods sake........they all tell YOU want YOU want to hear.

Same down here.

if it goes the YES route......he will be a hero for a short time only.

I don't believe everything Salmond is saying, I have done quite a bit of research over the past few months & that has pushed me to a yes vote.
I watched Alistair Darling getting interviewed on Scotland tonight last night & his opening speech was that we all need transparency & the truth then didn't answer one question that was put to him.
I will be glad when it's all by but it is going to have serious implications for everyone..

J

jonnyc

I don't believe everything Salmond is saying, I have done quite a bit of research over the past few months & that has pushed me to a yes vote.
I watched Alistair Darling getting interviewed on Scotland tonight last night & his opening speech was that we all need transparency & the truth then didn't answer one question that was put to him.
I will be glad when it's all by but it is going to have serious implications for everyone..
I think so too so why are we going through with this .i can see it going to yes and we are all going to suffer

T

Time's Ran Out

Is there going to be a bunch of dispossessed folks... Perhaps we need a refugee camp somewhere near scotch corner...
Unfortunately not everywhere north of Watford is Scotland
Scotch Corner is approx 150 miles south of the border on the A1 from Berwick on Tweed ( it'self a disputed town passing back and forward over the last Millenium).
There is a border now so not sure why it should change and the land in dispute is only for sheep !
No uk government has ever invested in the northern economy despite where they were born, and billions are to be spent getting the few into London faster from Birmingham when the M1 motorway stops just north of Wetherby!
Personally i feel that if this debate results in anything positive then a No vote should mean greater investment in the North and the larger Scottish cities and a Yes vote will be a continuense of neglect for an area of great potential!

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

i have no problem on a vote for independece its every bodys right but this should never been aloud to happen with out a clear plan in place of how you are going to achieve this ie how you are going to break up the nhs how you are going to break up police fire brigade army airforce navy banking currancy tax debt fishing oil uninployment benifits pensions and on it goes no real plans put forward inconpatance on a grand scale by all and we will all be paying the price for years to come a fullscale depression well look on the bright side the mp on all sides will have nice pensions well the rest of us can eat cake

R

Rookery

Oh Stef, I'm shocked and surprised at your reply. You didn't comment on my entirely deliberate use of the word 'Scotch'. I only used it to wind you up mate and I failed miserably. :thumbsup:

Reply to When scotland go's indépendant in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
Beginner DIY Tiler, I'm contemplating drilling (with ceramic tile carbide tipped drill bits)...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB