Search the forum,

Discuss Which tile adhesive to use with Schluter Ditra in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Franer

-
Reaction score
So should be ok with this? S1
Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 11.49.18.png

L

LM

So should be ok with this? S1 View attachment 110989
If you can buy Evo Stik locally go for their standard set OPF which is now an S1 also.
A rapid set adhesive will make your task much harder as it’ll put you under pressure with the adhesive setting to quickly.
Be sure to back butter the tiles with the flat side of the trowel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi again, I copied this from Shluter UK - "Immediately after the Schlüter®-DITRA 25 matting is installed, the tiles can be set using the thin-bed method and using a bonding tile adhesive that matches the requirements of the covering."
So they are saying it doesn't matter but the US Shluter site has a whole article about modified/unmodified, I find that odd in that they are talking about the same product. Have you used modified mortar on Ditra without any problems in the past? Thanks again for your help
Yes i have today. Lol.
We’ve had thus conversation on here a few yrs back as i too seen the info on an American tile forum , so I telephoned schluter uk and they told me that you just use what suits the substrate etc etc. The American site is geared towards American based adhesives

Wesley

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I recently tried Ardex AF200 adhesive under the ditra matting onto concrete for the time. I found it simple to use, stayed “open” long enough to allow me to position the matting correctly and gave good results over a 30sqM floor

Franer

-
Reaction score
So got this e-mail back from Shluter UK this morning. You guys were correct, apologies for doubting. So any flexible mortar is fine.

Thank you for your email enquiry.

The words modified and unmodified mortars relates to products used in the U.S.A.

Schlüter®-DITRA 25 can be adhered to a suitable substrate using a cement based C2/C2F classification adhesive applied using a 4 x 4 mm notched trowel.

You can also use the same cement based adhesive above Schlüter®-DITRA 25 with a maximum bed of 10 mm.

Please see our installation guide linked below:

Schlüter®-DITRA 25

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely

Sarah Meller
Technical Services
___

Schlüter-Systems Ltd | Units 3-5 Bardon 22 Industrial Estate
Beveridge Lane | Coalville | Leicestershire | LE67 1TE
Tel: +44 (0) 1530 813396 | Fax: +44 (0) 1530 813376

O

Old Mod

Thank you for posting the result of your enquiry, so often we’re left wondering the outcome.

You do realise several hundred tilers just breathed a sigh of relief! 😁

thank you.

D

Dillygaff

Hi , what reason are you using Ditra for firstly and as for adhesive, yes your info is American based , schluter uk say modified adhesive is fine.
Apparently its flexible for laying the ditra and standard for fixing the tiles as the ditra is designed to take the movement and the tiles are set on the dovetail of the matting. Makes sense to me I'm not a tiler. ?

C

Chris1

Hi , what reason are you using Ditra for firstly and as for adhesive, yes your info is American based , schluter uk say modified adhesive is fine.

schluter states when sticking ditra to concrete use a unmodified adhesive and when using ditra on top of plywood use MODIFIED

Reply to Which tile adhesive to use with Schluter Ditra in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen