Discuss Who Is Right in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

IanA2

Is the skirting MDF or real wood. Twists and buckles can highlight it.....but as mentioned, scribing would have sorted it. As maybe a colour coded silicon.

I do feel a bit of OCD here though???
This really is my last post on the subject, it is MDF board, although I asked for wood, but that's another story. Still, you acknowledge that he should have sorted it out.

O

One Day

M

MW Smith Ceramics

I've taken a few pics which, to some extent show the problem. His latest reasoning is:
"I laid the floor to what I had and this is what any competent tiler would do. The floor is even it is just not 100% flat due to the dip." and: "...the only problem you have is with regarding the floor, which unfortunately is something that happens." I should add that the pics without skirting (that's another story) are of the dais which he built. Dip? He's having a laugh!
View attachment 81198 View attachment 81199 View attachment 81200

Have you actually put a straight edge across the floor in all directions ??......this will give you an answer as to whether the floor is completely flat ......I'm sure British standards allow 3mm tolerance over 2.5 linear metres.....it looks around that at the most to the skirts.....surely a professional mastic seal in white would hide that gap for your best bet of getting a better finish..........the guy should of worked with an edge with every tile he laid and made sure no gaps underneath ever time then you wouldn't have an issue......

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Who Is Right in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB