Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Who mentioned costco? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

Mrs Z and I used to go when we were first married, and this was back when it was still called "The Price Club".

We quickly realized that we didn't need pillow case sized bags of tortellini, gallon jars of mayo, 3 packs of ketchup in the one quart bottle, and 6 loaves of bread in one "value pack". :lol:

My MIL goes every week, and buys huge quantities of stuff whether she needs it or not!

When I went to the US on holiday, was amazed an shocked at some of the supermarkets.

why do they sell 25 gallon bottles of mayo & tomato sauce ?
Bags of crisps & fries that are too big to fit in your car boot ( or trunk )
And other, over sized food items ! :yikes::yikes::yikes:

D

doug boardley

Doug, do you get JTF up your way? I believe they started around the upper north west, lower boundaries of "The North". We rarely go to JTF cos we end up buying stuff we don't need. And my assistant goes to Makro for work purposes, but we bulk buy teabags, coffee etc.
No JTF around my area that I know of Liz, and tbh it's another that I've not heard of either. I must lead a very sheltered life:lol:

R

Rob Z

When I went to the US on holiday, was amazed an shocked at some of the supermarkets.

why do they sell 25 gallon bottles of mayo & tomato sauce ?
Bags of crisps & fries that are too big to fit in your car boot ( or trunk )
And other, over sized food items ! :yikes::yikes::yikes:

Some people go there to buy in bulk for their business, club, team, school or church function, picnics, etc. It's almost like buying wholesale but without some of the legal hassles and restrictions that are in place here when buying wholesale.

Others go and buy in the huge containers, bags, etc, and then repackage and save it, freeze it, store it, etc. Some folks have the time for that and the interest.

We don't have the time/interest and I think I haven't bought more than 3-4 items at Costco in the last 15 years.

The pizza is good though. :drool5:

R

Rob Z

Reply to Who mentioned costco? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

A
right here goes, i am in a very good mood because of this and a lucky boy too!! at xmas, i sold...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
Y
Hi All, I have for the past 24 hours getting to grips with a lot of issues with regard to...
Replies
Views
YNWA2012
Y
J
My Dear husband I'm writing this letter to tell you that I'm leaving you. I've been a good...
Replies
Views
The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP
T
C
Sorry guys and gals this is not a very cheerful thread but after the week that i have had i...
Replies
Views
AMtek
A
H
Still not over it. Yesterday being my 40th and just home from hols saturday night it was said...
Replies
Views
hillhead
H

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Who mentioned costco?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.