Discuss Who's at fault?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

I also love the way engineers think that the title makes them an expert on all aspects of engineering
dont they just Rob most so called engineers are merely technicians, to call yourself an engineer you have to be chartered with the institute of enginneers and that is pretty rare these days , we worked for one who bought his tiles from wickes, same brand of tiles just 2 different colours checker board pattern, he wanted 2 mm joints which we advised against as they were cheap ceramic and told him that the tiles were probably different sizes he told us that they were exacly the same as he had measured them, it felt great holding up 2 tiles and they were 3mm different to each other

Cheers lads,
Gary, i really intend to keep my head, and blood pressure down, during any meeting, and like you said have a real good look at things.

Whitebeam, if we end up with no agreement on this, i will be bringing in a engineer.

Colour republic, I did not intend to take a person with me, but now i think about it, could be a good idea, thanks, and that was my thoughts on the i'm an engineer bit, too.

A update and photos will follow on wednesday.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
keep your cool and don't be drawn into arguments. Stick to facts that can be proven e.g. there are no noggins, the adhesive bed gives 100% coverage, the ply is 15mm etc etc. Undoubtedly the client is wanting to blame someone and the builder will want to blame you so answer direct questions.

If you feel that you are at fault then keep your mouth shut until you have checked and double checked. If you think you may be at fault and you say so then at a later date find you were wrong it could be too late and you could end up footing a bill which is more than you bargain for. If you feel that you are not at fault simply say that you do not believe that you are at fault. Try not to give long and complicated explanations of what you think is right or wrong. Unless the mistakes which have been made are part of your own field of expertise i.e. tiling then you are not qualified to offer comment (with respect). There will undoubtedly be a lot of unqualified opinion expressed - there always is - do not be drawn into agreeing or disagreeing with opinion. As I say stick to what can be proved.

Don't "blame" anyone else - again you were not necessarily party to all of the contractual facts surrounding what was done and the builder and client may have discussed the build methods without you present and agreed on things of which you are not aware.

Hope it all turns out well for you.

Reply to Who's at fault?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone.....im new to the forum and I'm looking for some help and advice please. I tiled a...
Replies
Views
D
Hi Thanks to all who provided advice on my bathroom project 3 years ago, tiling both the...
Replies
Views
swanman
S
Got a 27mq porcelain floor to do, and was wondering if this spec sounds ok. 18Mmm chipboard...
Replies
Views
It is my intension to install a "between the joist" wet UFCH system with 18mm T&G ply 330mm...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Poynton, cheshire

Thread Information

Title
Who's at fault??
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.