Discuss Why does a 'secret' iPhone file track your movements? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

I've heard this, too, today, and hate it. I understood that there is a way to disable that chip? But to me that just sucks, big time.. actually, having talked about this once before on a thread Dan started where you can link your location with facebook updates etc... I love modern technology, but behind the scenes I really do suspect that we are being honey-trapped further and further into a big brother scenario by some very influential unseen political powers where everyone's movement can be monitored at any given time... nightmare.. it wouldn't surprise me at ALL, really if within 50 years or so everyone had to be microchipped... really! If it will take that long... it's one of the reasons I refused to download google chrome, as I heard that the tracking on my pc search activity is more thorough with that than it already is.. I mean who needs all that? There were some people on here, can't remember who it was who knew why having a sat nav system in our cars doesn't necessarily mean that WE can be tracked, but the possibility doesn't seem a million miles away, excuse the pun...

S

Stewart

This was mentioned a few months back when apple released iAds (was on one of the rumour sites) and was said that it's used to help with apps, ads and tagging for social networking. I believe there's no more information stored than what I give out on twitter, Facebook and the forum, which is much more accessible by peeps and not something I'm worried about.

If they are using it as a back door way of tracking movements, then I still wouldn't worry about it. As for it getting into the wrong hands.... there are a million other ways for peeps to find out where I go and what I do and life's too short to worry about such things.

M

Mike

big brother is watching you , shocking
a £1.5 million mansion was burnt down near here last weekend and the police tracked down the owners within a couple of hours. every car leaving anglesey is clocked and recorded . the police then tracked them via flight records and both owners were 'conveniently' abroad. it is really big brother now. we can all be tracked via our normal mobiles anyway:mad2:

Reply to Why does a 'secret' iPhone file track your movements? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
How to drill a hole in a steel bath. At 365Drills we provide either the equipment you need or...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
B
Thought I'd kick this one off. What does you guys like to do in your spare time? Keep it clean...
2 3
Replies
Views
M
Hi Guy's, been a member a short while since planning a new shower room install. Trying to take...
Replies
Views
M
I live in Sweden, and here a flexible S1 adhesive can cost between £1 and £2 per KG! I've...
Replies
Views
Diamond Pool Finishers
D
Now i thought i had seen everything when i saw an old lady at the top of the stairs naked from...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Why does a 'secret' iPhone file track your movements?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.