Discuss Why does a 'secret' iPhone file track your movements? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

I've heard this, too, today, and hate it. I understood that there is a way to disable that chip? But to me that just sucks, big time.. actually, having talked about this once before on a thread Dan started where you can link your location with facebook updates etc... I love modern technology, but behind the scenes I really do suspect that we are being honey-trapped further and further into a big brother scenario by some very influential unseen political powers where everyone's movement can be monitored at any given time... nightmare.. it wouldn't surprise me at ALL, really if within 50 years or so everyone had to be microchipped... really! If it will take that long... it's one of the reasons I refused to download google chrome, as I heard that the tracking on my pc search activity is more thorough with that than it already is.. I mean who needs all that? There were some people on here, can't remember who it was who knew why having a sat nav system in our cars doesn't necessarily mean that WE can be tracked, but the possibility doesn't seem a million miles away, excuse the pun...

People in this country and in US really are asleep!! accepting all this technology at face value without looking at the big picture. This is all gonna come back and bite us on the bum big time. I dont like being controlled but without realising it we all are slowly but surley loosing more rights every day! I dont want anyone tracking me, not that im gonna get up to anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

Well, Charlie, we do have a choice still, some of my closest friends are hardly on the internet, and tell me off for my addiction to it. But I have weighed it up, the pro's and con's, my age, my lifestyle, and the benefits of the internet are comparatively greater than the risks. Luckily I am not employed by anyone, self-employment does give you a lot of personal freedom as you are less dependent on the opinions of present or potential future employers etc etc. But yes, state control, big brother and all that will no doubt interfere more and more with private choices, and that does bug me.

When I was little I had a children's book that really influenced me, it was of a boy called Peter who as a young man, maybe 17 or so, set out to see the world, bundled his few belongings in a cloth tied around a stick over his shoulder and off he went, on foot, the whole world, time and all potential before him. His parents waved him off and wished him luck, he was free, free from expectations, free from fears instilled by world news, free from being tied to communication overload via mobiles and internet, just free to follow wherever his path would take him, of HIS choosing. That's really my kind of mindset inside myself. Freedom is my favourite word of all.

That simple freedom, though, it doesn't exist now. We need visas to get into certain countries, not just passports anymore, we need work permits, can't just turn up anywhere on Earth and ask if there is work available.. all that which should be the most natural thing in the world has been made so complicated with redtape, fuelled by fear, which again is fuelled by making the populus fearful of life through the media. I read somewhere that to control a country you have to keep it's people fearful, and that is being done, whether we are in democracy or in a dictatorship, it doesn't matter, fear fuels insurances and health and safety and all such crazy things... oh yes, we are being controlled for sure.
Mostly we are made to forget that this is one planet and its inhabitants should be allowed to roam freely, that nature would be self controlling just like the migration of wild birds is self controlling. It is good to remember all this, Charlie, and make your own choices, I agree, but it is also important to realize that being knowledgeable about modern technology gives us personal power also, and by keeping our heads stuck in the past I think we would give our choices away, too. Honeytrap? Absolutely. Will it be reversible? Don't think so. Is it sad? Tragic. But I LOVE the internet... and I hope I am still free and old enough to not have to experiences those future outcomes of that control noose around us tightening...

U

user123

Doesn't bother me in the slightest and I'm wide awake...... I find all the technology I have gives me much more freedom and I don't give a hoot who knows what I'm doing, as back in the day without all the tech, all the peeps in your town knew what you were up to. So nothing has changed and stop being so paranoid.

:) I don't think it's about paranoia, Stewart, it's about realising that mind control is growing. Peer pressure on a bigger scale than in the old days of your local village or town influence.. no more, no less ...

C

charlie1

Doesn't bother me in the slightest and I'm wide awake...... I find all the technology I have gives me much more freedom and I don't give a hoot who knows what I'm doing, as back in the day without all the tech, all the peeps in your town knew what you were up to. So nothing has changed and stop being so paranoid.

Nothing has changed!!

Well take the patriot act an america, this allows the government of the US to aces syour home without a warrant! Stewart, imo plenty has changed and its gonna get worse over here too, no paranoia!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Pretty sure that it is a university that 'found' this out. And that Apple has actually said although the chip is sort of tracking movement, the data would need to be tweaked to be understood and it wasn't part of the reason the data is collected on the phone, that's more to do with it running GPS.

Just a scare thing I think this time. Nowt serious.

M

Mike

i was in liverpool this morning, i went to stonedale park to macdonalds (for the kids) and on my way back to my mother in laws 's i had a text off o2 telling me i can save £10 in superdrug in stonedale park :yikes: how do they know i was there? i paid cash at maccies! it's a 100 miles from home so it's no coincidence. someones clocked the plates on my van, big brother or what?? :mad2:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

i was in liverpool this morning, i went to stonedale park to macdonalds (for the kids) and on my way back to my mother in laws 's i had a text off o2 telling me i can save £10 in superdrug in stonedale park :yikes: how do they know i was there? i paid cash at maccies! it's a 100 miles from home so it's no coincidence. someones clocked the plates on my van, big brother or what?? :mad2:

Spooky:yikes:

Reply to Why does a 'secret' iPhone file track your movements? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
How to drill a hole in a steel bath. At 365Drills we provide either the equipment you need or...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
B
Thought I'd kick this one off. What does you guys like to do in your spare time? Keep it clean...
2 3
Replies
Views
M
Hi Guy's, been a member a short while since planning a new shower room install. Trying to take...
Replies
Views
M
I live in Sweden, and here a flexible S1 adhesive can cost between £1 and £2 per KG! I've...
Replies
Views
Diamond Pool Finishers
D
Now i thought i had seen everything when i saw an old lady at the top of the stairs naked from...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Why does a 'secret' iPhone file track your movements?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.