UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Wikileak in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

What you mean he don't exist.,.
MSN-Emoticon-sad-crying-025.gif

Sorry, sorry, I meant to say 'I learnt through fact that he DOES exist' it's a really long typo. :lol:

:lol: pheewwwwwww...

Aawwhhhhhhhh... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Julian Assange: Ecuadorian embassy statement in full - Telegraph

So this still goes on.

Assange, if you've been following, is still in the UK who still wants to extradite him to Sweden, who has said before now (but in more recent times has done a big U-turn on the issue) they would consider extradition to the USA, where Bradley Manning, a bloke who has still not had a trial with regards to accusations that he leaked the initial secret data, containing tens of thousands of war crimes (even though USA is still trying to overthrow governments for similar crimes), is being tortured (according to UN reviews - what reviews they could carry out with all the blocks USA put in place to protect even more possible crimes) as if it's the 1800's, has written a speech.

The above speech is in full, and includes the fact that even though the UK Government have said they wouldn't, and couldn't, storm the building, actually have. However if you scan BBC versions of this, they cut the speech video, and don't include much of these facts in their quotes.

I wish there were a lot more blokes like this within governments. As I'm sure we'd learn a lot more about who WE give these powers to when voting.

I'm sure USA are behind most of these 'civil' wars and are in fact just trying to stick a bloke in charge who they control, and if they can't, they'll cause a small war that doesn't cost them as much as them going to war themselves.

5 million the UK have given to Sirian "rebels" which is what they were calling them at first. Now they're naming them something like "the peoples army" lol

Proper joke.

I hope Julian does get to Ecuador and never ends up in the US. And still manages to publish their wrong-doings in this world.

China and their ways seem minor if all these stories are actually facts. I wish the Media would publish more in understandable stories as it takes yonks to get your head around the 'cables' and documents written by politicians when you read Wikileaks documents.

If you can't find the info on Wikileaks, don't worry, there are millions of torrents out there which will allow you to download the whole lot in a big chunk.

Do you think he should have stayed out of it? Or would you rather know what's really going on behind all these wars?

O

Olz

I dont know much about it but saw on the news that sweden is one of the biggest protectors of human rights in the world and have made the assurances that he wont be passed to the USA.

I think the chances of the embassy being entered to get him is non existant, I dont think it would have happened anyway but even less so know becuase its in the media spotlight.

I also think the chances of him getting to ecaudor are non existant, judging by the news reports there are police inside the building (which is used by others apart from ecaudor, who just have a small part of it, the entire building isnt there embassy), and outside.

Its right that he seeks assurances from sweden, but once they come he should immediatley go to sweden to face the accusations, not least because if the accusations are true thee victims must be completley distraught that he is able to avoid justice, IF they allegations are true.

I think his extradition is inevitable ultimatley, its going to be interesting to see how it pans out.

If the assurances come from sweden do you think he will leave the embassy, I reckon if the assurances come they will recind his assylum.

D

DHTiling

some people think they are above the law, my opinion is he should be sent to Sweden to be put on trial or he should ask for his trial to be held in any country of his choice but it seems to me he is trying to avoid his accusers completely with a loophole and is costing our tax payers a lot of money in the process

Now that i agree with.. a dodger he is and he knew what he was doing when he posted info on wiki leak etc..

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Apparently he's asked for the trial to be held here, back in 2010, and as he's not committed a crime here, the best UK can do is try to extradite him. Which he went to court for many times, and UK were trying to find an alternate solution to sending him there, but Sweden want him there.

I've read a bit more the last couple of days since it's been in the news a lot about the Swedish women, and give the 'facts' (what's in the news) I'd say he should go there and give his side of the story, or even just video-link it maybe? We do it for just a few miles, and it's the same situation if you needed to do it for 1 billion miles, you'd still be able to give him a trial. And that's what makes me think they do perhaps want to extradite him.

Though I can't find the articles right now, I did read a few that had quoted in 2010 that one of the 'victims' was seen with a US official, who at the time would not have been on the case unless it was connected to Wikileaks and the leaked US documents. I'm trying to find it now but it's getting late to be fair so struggling to dig deep. That's what I've always remembered with regards to this situation and what made me think US want him sent to there but UK are being a bit too pedantic with old laws etc.

Clearly if he's raped a lass, then he needs to get sent down. But in sweden not America.

Though having said that, perhaps he is guilty and he's avoiding going to sweden because if he does end up in prison for years, its all time the US can spend on putting a case together to extradite him. So perhaps there's that side of the story too maybe.

F

Fliselege

Julian Assange should stop blurring different issues. What he's got legal issues for in Sweden is rape. He should go and face those legal issues and let the Swedish legal system do its work on the rape allegations.
The chances of the USA getting Sweden to hand him over for Wikileaks charges are very slight. He is essentially holed up in the Ecuadorian Embassy to escape rape charges, not US oppression.
Getting bored with him to be honest, and with what he's costing the British tax payer I'm starting to wish somebody had shot him while he was on that balcony.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I think Assange and a president there or something are good buddies. Assange's mum even does business there of some form I read.

He should go face the charges and clear his name is he's innocent but I still think we need more blokes leaking governmental crimes. It's wrong that the taxpayer has no say in what war we need to back etc. And the fact there were no WMD's in Iraq and Osama god killed a while ago now in Pakistan, or friends, rather than Afghanistan, where America have killed hundreds of thousands, is just a bit of a joke that we have had to have our own men and womens lives lost there.

Some of the other cables show Coca Cola wiping out tribes to get a factory erected in the Amazon. And Nike did something similar too. And the US back it and help fund it for some strange reason.

It's normally always about oil. And the US consume more than they have. So they need more, and they need it cheep as they're skint.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wikileak in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Add your news for free; Tiling News, Plumbing News, Electrical News What's Involved in...
Replies
Views
HI, Walls are prepped, have the right materials and tools, but still debating the layout on...
Replies
Views
M
Hello all, I seem to be in a dilemma with the tiler and tiling my bathroom. First of all...
Replies
Views
D
Ok, so i've been looking into creating a website, as we all know, how important our presence...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.