UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Wikileak in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikethetile

What the US are calling terrorists are not always terrorists. They're farmers and normal civilians that have had their country breached by the USA for reasons that are highly questionable. They get given a wage from the taliban and guns to protect their country. I'm not supporting the taliban here and neither do the farmers, I'm sure, but they've had their land battered with bombs and gunfire.

Releasing these cables wont make those farmers do anything different.

Its the training camps and the higher taliban leaders they need to get really.

so true Dan and very insightfull

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
He has been arrested in a London Police station, looks like he has handed himself in.

Yeah, I think he was talking to them yesterday about how to go about this. The judge nearly gave him bail but I think he's under pressure. They're now waiting for the actual evidence from Switzerland to actually see if there's anything to go off. I think he could get deported but he'll soon be back out. Whether he gets back out or not though, as his Lawyer said, this thing is Viral now and just can't be stopped. The "history" (documents) will all be published.

He has millions froze in his swiss bank account that was setup to help defend him. So hundreds of people have offered to financially help including some well known respected people.

Hats off to him he's got more balls than me.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
so true Dan and very insightfull

They're all very mislead. Watched a thing on suicide bombers and they're basically brain washed by a bloke who befriends kids or other blokes that are highly vulnerable. You still need to shoot 'em I suppose as there's no changing their ways once they've been brain washed, but the guys that are behind it all need clocking but they do well at staying out of the front line and tend to not even carry weapons etc.

Its a modern style war this and both sides are pretty intelligent despite the fact we're told they're not that powerful they do have countries supplying Al Quieda and the Taliban with S2A weapons and other pretty sophisticated weapons.

So what do the US do, just drone bomb the whole area. Clearly they get civvies, and they get annoyed, and they pick up a gun next time and fight back.

I still think we should just defend out ports and get the lads back home. And literally protect our country and let the other countries get on with their problems. We have the best Navy in the world, a really good airforce, and military commitment that's arguably the best in the world given the fact we stood helmand on our own with no US support when even the US thought we would fail. And our intelligence service may be the best but I couldn't tell you as I'm not a russian spy working for a politician :lol:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
:lol:

Apparently when he first launched the website one girl came forward and said he raped her. Then as that didn't get him back in the country another one has. They're girls he has slept with but with consent, and he denies raping them and they don't have much evidence to go off either. I think what's happening is Sweden (I keep saying switzerland but it's sweden I think? - I've confused myself again!) are trying to get him over there and then once he's there the USA will try to get him over their where he'll be held and questions for months as they want him to tell them his sources. Who are mostly military people I think, including Bradley Manning who's still in US military prison.

Whilst he's in the UK he won't get sent to the US. Though if he goes to sweden it's possible. So he's appealing his refusal of bail and may get out over here. If he doesn't, he'll push the fact that he thinks it's political and there is a claws in the law that enables him to be extradited that states that if it's for political reasons he doesn't have to go. So his solicitors are pushing that.

He's only gone to magistrates court so they're not really treating it seriously. I think they'd have bailed him if it wasn't a high profile case.

See what happens during the week.

Whatever happens 100,000 media corporations have encrypted copy's of ALL the documents he's ever been given and all names are in those documents, and the news will get out. All the lies we've been told and all the truth they've hidden from us. And that's a good thing IMO. :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Ahhh, probably but the news will still get out.

A bit of an update if you're not following it and you do give a damn :lol:

A hackers groups called Anonymous are targeting all the service providers that have pulled the plug on supplying wikileaks, Mastercard and paypal have been hit and mastercard's website (therefore their securecode service that is used when you pay with MC on any online store) is only online around 50% of the time. The group from the bulletin board 4chan (I wouldn't visit that if I were you!) have said they're doing everything they can to ensure hundreds of copy's of wikileaks (called mirror sites) are online. They're concentrating on that more than the DDoS attacks now but they will still continue to carry them out. Also the solicitor of the two women who accuse Assange of rape has had his website hacked a few times now.

Loads more info here: Julian Assange | Media | guardian.co.uk

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
4chan is an image board. But on it are the type of people who make and run botnets and other malware type stuff that use your computer in these attacks.

Julian has been released on bail and the police are keeping his passport, so I doubt he's going sweden any time soon.

Openleaks.org is another coming soon. You know Julian doesn't have a single charge against him in any country for any of the leaked documents. Openleaks will work a slightly different way in the sense that it'll become a medium of contact rather than a publisher itself. It'll be the middleman for new agencies and whistleblowers.

BBC news have changed their tune (they've probably been leant on by the government) and instead of calling wikileaks a whistleblowing website, they're now calling them "wikileaks rebels" lol

I bet the BBC has been in more whistleblowing news than wikileaks has to date. Wonder if they'd call themselves rebels.

M

mikethetile

thats a good point Dan but when the bbc do it its journalism in the public interest. im not sure how much of these leaks are in the public interest

he will be bailed if 250k is raised for bail, it doesnt look like extradition will happen unless its proved they have a reasonable case against him

I was chatting to my mate who flies supplies and personel in and out of Helmand , he was saying our boys are disgusted at the comments made by the us about british soldiers doing a poor job at the front, they have always known that the us are two faced now they have written proof. Helmand is in the us sector but our boys had to push on as the us werent available to take over when the taliban were pushed back out of british sector. our boys have had them pinned down for years now waiting for the us to meet the terms of the agreement made when we went in as part of nato

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'd have guessed our troops are just pawns for the US. They've even sent our lads in helmand when they though they would fail, we didn't. :thumbsup: But that's verging on murder IMO.

I think the whole leak thing is a good thing. Perhaps the openleaks one will do it better than wikileaks has. The guy setting that up seems to think he can iron out all the issues wikileaks has. Whoever does it, it's news and it's out there now so it's too late. Nothing will stop 'em.

C

charlie1

This is all good, the guy is a hero!! And the people who leak the information are heros aswell, the tide is turning against the machine which we are all part of. The constant lies which have been fed to us by the puppets are being exposed!!! Prob too little too late though as too many of the generl public are too thick or distracted to care or do anything about what really goes on around them. .....sad, but i think something is gonna come to a head in the very near future!!...???

F

faithhealer

This is all good, the guy is a hero!! And the people who leak the information are heros aswell, the tide is turning against the machine which we are all part of. The constant lies which have been fed to us by the puppets are being exposed!!! Prob too little too late though as too many of the generl public are too thick or distracted to care or do anything about what really goes on around them. .....sad, but i think something is gonna come to a head in the very near future!!...???
even if he is guilty of assaulting women? lets wait and see

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
One of the women was an activist, and seen in pictures at a press conference. He did sleep with her but it wasn't rape. She's been told to say that IMO and the fact Julian is still here proves they don't have much evidence.

I saw on a sign somebody was holding up the words "Publishing War Crime Documents Is NOT A Crime!" - which is exactly the case here. The more the USA push the negative sides of Julian the more his supporters will get the truth out.

Palin was quoted as saying "he needs hunting down like Al-Quieda" - Silly woman. He's not broken a single law.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
a little knowledge can do a lot of harm in the wrong hands, I'd be happy if wikileak was shut down permanently.

The US would carry on starting wars for oil and cash then though Doug.

90% of casualties in iran, iraq and afghanistan are civilians. They get bombed, shot at and killed for Oil. And these documents all prove that.

The longer it's all kept a secret the more it continues. IMO we need more of these websites.

Reply to Wikileak in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Add your news for free; Tiling News, Plumbing News, Electrical News What's Involved in...
Replies
Views
HI, Walls are prepped, have the right materials and tools, but still debating the layout on...
Replies
Views
M
Hello all, I seem to be in a dilemma with the tiler and tiling my bathroom. First of all...
Replies
Views
D
Ok, so i've been looking into creating a website, as we all know, how important our presence...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.