Guest viewing is limited

Discuss WOW Just taken Delivery of NEW SIGMA 5 M in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

yes just arrived i have cut mosaic that is 5mm thick in half fantastic!! diagonal in the centre;s fantastic!! one third of a tile ,the cut has penetrated the glaze ok but!!! not enough of the tile left for the breaker to have purchase on to be able to snap tile!! i spoze i would have to nip these ones, it might work better with thin glass mosaic ,as in the you-yube film ,but all in all great stuff:thumbsup: cant wait to use it on a job now!!!:whistling:i;ll set it up on a work mate in the pool and away we go :prrr:

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

OH WOW its great on glass!!,as most of you know that work with mosaic some sheet;s are not the best for being straight and uniform in manufacture,
oh no i have just hoovered it clean,and secured the handle in place with elastic band;s :yikes::yikes::yikes: i Don;t know about you guys but i always have to fight the urge to keep cleaning all my tools so much and caring for them :lol: it;s a tool after-all it will get used/old/chipped/ dirty :mad2::prrr:

A

Aston

so gooner,

would you ditch rubi altogether now and have sigmas for everything?? or is it just a case of that particular cutter suited your need for the mosaics...

i would like a 500mm sigma and a 3ek as opposed to the tx1200 all day long....they are made well and are very good, its just the pulling towards you and the obscured view that stops me buying ....i could do with meeting someone on the forum and seeing what they are like. pity joe hillhead had cleared his van out when i met him in june

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

so gooner,

would you ditch rubi altogether now and have sigmas for everything?? or is it just a case of that particular cutter suited your need for the mosaics...

i would like a 500mm sigma and a 3ek as opposed to the tx1200 all day long....they are made well and are very good, its just the pulling towards you and the obscured view that stops me buying ....i could do with meeting someone on the forum and seeing what they are like. pity joe hillhead had cleared his van out when i met him in june
hi ED i don;t think i qualifie to give this answer yet!! but i do have both and can see what you are saying about the sigma i still love my rubi kit!!!:prrr:

Reply to WOW Just taken Delivery of NEW SIGMA 5 M in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello! I am new here but I have been reading a lot about manual tile cutters on the forum. I am...
Replies
Views
L
Cutting the last few 50x50 10mm ceramic floor tiles yesterday(terrible homebase tiles). Should...
Replies
Views
J
i am mainly a stone man but have been doing more and more porcelain of late. I have two rubi...
Replies
Views
Sigma UK
S
P
Would be a good idea for us to share tips and videos of how to use Sigma machines properly for...
Replies
Views
Review : Sigma 2G tile cutter. I have used this on a few jobs now and I cannot recommend it...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
WOW Just taken Delivery of NEW SIGMA 5 M
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.