UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Y'all be a Fisherman? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Muse2k8

So anyone a keen angler here? Where do you fish? What's your fave fish to catch? Personal best? Any stories?

As a typical scot (no licence required yay!) I'm big on trout fishing on the fly and good old pike fishing using lures and deadbait (livebait being illegal here now).

Was once on a backpacking tour of the Scottish lochs and we stumbled across a beauty of a water. So we decided to camp down for the night and spend a day or so fishing. The next morning out go the deadbaits and have a paddle to cool down. Unfortunately as the hours passed what seemed to promise perfect pike conditions we had nothing :(

Coming up to sleep time we did the usual of "just 5 more minutes" and boy was it worth it... My reel clicked very slowly a few times then BANG!!! What a run!!! This fish was huge!!! I picked up my rod and went to set the hook... Twang! 30lb braid line snapped like butter :( ARGH!!!

So yeah nothing from that loch :(

S

Stef

Muse, I'm an avid fisher, Fly only these days & mostly salmon. I fished Hoddom on the Annan yesterday for a couple of hours, running a bit dirty, then ended up on the Nith just below Sanquar.

I've got my Nith & Cumnock ticket & Im also on a private syndicate on the river Ayr (Stair)

I'm the treasurer for our small fishing club. 11 members & fish for rainbows round the country, the 1st Saturday of the month from March through to November.

As everyone I wish I could spend more time on the water but work comes 1st.

My biggest rainbow was 14lb 4oz & I caught that through your way, Markle fishery.

F

Fliselege

Not salmon fished for years. Used to fish on the River Tweed or the Whiteadder :) might have to get back into it.
I've been on the Tweed, got a mate in Melrose, look down from his house and there's the Tweed, couldn't catch a cold but was a very nice spot. Now I just bob for bottom feeders from a boat out on the fjords, luckily I like mackerel... Been fresh water fishing once here, caught a 3" trout and that was my lot for a whole weekend.

D

doug boardley

the season before was a belter, I actually lost count of how many I landed. I went out one morning at 7am, and was back home at 9am with this

62301_1525109480760_1025320376_31510929_1757344_n.jpg

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
im a keen angler muse,im a member of the scottish carp group and a bailiff for them as well,have you ever tried the carp fishing ? have a look at the site mate might be of interest

just about to join a new carp club as well down in melrose called bowden....scotts angling club they have stocked a 10 acre water with some nice carp etc i beleive it has pike as well

M

Muse2k8

im a keen angler muse,im a member of the scottish carp group and a bailiff for them as well,have you ever tried the carp fishing ? have a look at the site mate might be of interest

just about to join a new carp club as well down in melrose called bowden....scotts angling club they have stocked a 10 acre water with some nice carp etc i beleive it has pike as well

Ah sweet :) I've done the odd spot of carping. Most commonly at a fishery just out of Galashiels. The guy has 2 ponds next to each other, one a trout and the other a carp and roach pond.

Another nice fishery is one owned by the owners of dobbies. Had a few free sessions on it too (the wife's family are friends etc etc etc bleh)

Will check out the Scottish carp site though, quite interested in doing more carp fishing though. Tactic I tried last time, was on a small pond with medium carp in. They were feeding from the surface among the lillies. Tied on a hook with no weight, shot or float, stuck on a lump of bread and just floated it among the lillies. Worked beautifully.

But not done much carp fishing, can't seem to find any good swims.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
hiya muse,the carp group have 6 waters just now...one near gifford,lanark loch,fintry and a smaller water adjoined,loch libo and also kinghorn loch they are not stocked in the same way as places like magiscroft as magiscroft is a day ticket commercial venue but they do have bigger fish

ive never fished magiscroft but i go down to durham and also cumbria now and again to a few venues down there for commercial fishing mate and its great fun,i usually fish danskine as its my closest water but its hard going in there.

there are also other waters in the area that arent part of the group that have carp in them,infact theres another tiler member on here thats also in the group...small world eh considering the group only has 200 members in scotland

Reply to Y'all be a Fisherman? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.