UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Y'all be a Fisherman? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Muse2k8

I use barbless size 4 or 6 trebles for pike (I know you didn't ask lol) well I crush 2 barbs and leave 1 for the bait. Sets much easier into the bony heed. Everywhere I've fished for carp though it's been barbless rules for the water so no option. I used a curved hook (think its harder to dislodge than a normal straight hook) and it was size 6 but I ain't no expert on these here carp :p

D

doug boardley

Aw poor ickle pike. They're harmless creatures :p

I now have an image in my mind of you wrestling down a 40lb pike and trying to "dispatch" it with a wee beginners priest :D
believe me Muse, my priest really does administer the "last rites" :lol:, it's a home made Heath Robinson affair that consists of 8 inch solid brass with a 1 inch diameter, joined to a 10inch piece of blue alkathene pipe, one tap and if it swam, it swimmeth no more:thumbsup:

M

Muse2k8

Was out on the fly today for a couple of hourd, first time this year. 3 of them managed to escape and get off the hook. Managed to at least land one though. Was a really strong fighter and kept jumping, one of the best fights for a long time despite his size.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335908104.034960.jpg

M

Muse2k8

Cheers :) Was down at Loganlea Reservoir. Nice place and trout to 20lbs! but the banks are quite high which coupled with a release in the water and no wading rule made it a bit tricky... As you can see I generally just resort to netting them lol. My wee legs canny cope. Your really selling this Danskine loch to me mind! £50 a year to catch nothing lol. Headed to Duddingston last week but was raining heavy by the time I got there so I didn't bother. Not got a bivvy yet :)

M

Muse2k8

We are fishing Loganlea on saturday with the club. 11 of us going through.

We have made a unanimous decision to fish till 1.00pm then head down to the Flotterstone Inn for some light refreshments. :lol: :8:

Hehe small world.

You going out on the boats? Definitely the best way to go there :) someone had a 17lbs rainbow last month!

You will have to let us know how it goes :)

S

Stef

Hehe small world.

You going out on the boats? Definitely the best way to go there :) someone had a 17lbs rainbow last month!

You will have to let us know how it goes :)

We couldnt get the boats as there was a problem with the booking, wont bother us though.

The only stipulation we have is that you dont have to bring a fly rod BUT you must bring a Cargo. We are safer on terra firma. :lol:

I only ever have a couple of cans when we are fishing as my gear cost me too much money. i leave the vodka for the bus home. :thumbsup:

Will let you know how we get on.

S

Stef

Well, a good day had by all, well nearly, 3 of the boys had a blank,

Loganlea is a very good fishery, fish fight like little demons. The bulk of the fish were caught on buzzers.

I fished down the road side, dodgy with your back cast with the phone wire & with the amount of people walking up & down the road.

There was another club fishing out on the boats, one of the boys got an 18 3/4lb rainbow. :yikes:

What a size of a fish, think the photo will be uploaded to their page this week.

Reply to Y'all be a Fisherman? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.