Search the forum,

Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

S

Scott

Brian i know where your coming from with the beer and smoking thing. It goes hand in hand doenst it? Although not so sure how it is now you have to go out for a smoke in the pub?

I deliberately didnt do anything differently when i stopped. IT was xmas week so plenty of drinking and parties, i think if you stop enjoying yourself as well then it makes it feel like you are giving up even more than just smoking. Thats how it was put int he book i read anyway.

Well done so far

S

SandyFloor

Day 5 nearly over for me. I'm finding it easier than I thought so far thanks to the patches and the inhaler for emergency urges. The wife was a heavier smoker than me and she's not having too bad a time either. I am struggling with my moods though and am really irritable and sometimes find it hard to concentrate but I'm confident that will pass over time .....reassurance please :lol: oh......sleeping brilliantly :thumbsup:

Reaction score
I'm still on the wagon, and now my cravings are getting less, and less. TBH, I cant really remember how long its been now, a good few weeks though. So well done to all of us quiters, and lets keep it up.

U

user123

Day 5 nearly over for me. I'm finding it easier than I thought so far thanks to the patches and the inhaler for emergency urges. The wife was a heavier smoker than me and she's not having too bad a time either. I am struggling with my moods though and am really irritable and sometimes find it hard to concentrate but I'm confident that will pass over time .....reassurance please :lol: oh......sleeping brilliantly :thumbsup:

Nothing to do with smoking that's just middle age and January... join the club... loads of grumpy people about of late, it will pass when spring is here... :) :thumbsup: WELL DONE!!!

I

Ian

Ok so I'm back from the pub, 8 pints and no smokes!!! So happy because this is the one thing that I thought would break me. Magic!!!!

M

mikethetile

sandy

I was like a raging bull for weeks, im surprised anyone is still talking to me LOL

M

mikethetile

its 10 weeks today I had my last ciggarette and the benefits of not smoking have just startedto kick in, I breathe slower and deeper , I have more time and energy , I sleep better , my teeth are whiter and I dont smell of old smoke anymore and I can taste my food now

I havent quite got onto jogging but Im getting there and may have a go later in the year LOL

so keep it up everyone as the rewards are worth it

A

aph257

its 10 weeks today I had my last ciggarette and the benefits of not smoking have just startedto kick in, I breathe slower and deeper , I have more time and energy , I sleep better , my teeth are whiter and I dont smell of old smoke anymore and I can taste my food now

I havent quite got onto jogging but Im getting there and may have a go later in the year LOL

so keep it up everyone as the rewards are worth it

Nice one Mick, if your serious about the jogging thing, start with brisk walking, then jog/walk then progress to full jog. i don't need to say what might happen if you do too much too soon.
for everyone else well done and keep it up.

p.s. i gave up the habit 25 years ago, since then i became a fitness nut (i've ran 5 marathons, 3 50km races and countless half marathons) i'm a qualified Squash coach, i also rock climb, ski and snowboard. i'm 54 now and training to run some big hills this year.

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen