Search the forum,

Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

I dont think the dreams have any connections to my thoughts subconscious or otherwise. If you think differently please feel free to explain why I dreamt about a lion that wore make-up :lol:.

I just think there is a medallion man in you trying to get out!!! :lol: I mean, the animal king with make-up ( to either hide behind or make you look even better, if that is at all possible?!?! ... great :lol:... go for it, strut your stuff... :)

P

persistent king

I have tried loads of times and always started again after a cpl of weeks but march last year i saw my nan on her death bed with a smoking related illness and it realy uppset me.
I kissed her on her cheek and said goodbye and walked out of that room and have never touched another *** since and never will.

M

mikethetile

I have tried loads of times and always started again after a cpl of weeks but march last year i saw my nan on her death bed with a smoking related illness and it realy uppset me.
I kissed her on her cheek and said goodbye and walked out of that room and have never touched another *** since and never will.

well done mate

I

Ian

Everyone will know what I'm on about here. I was in a heavy smoking household yesterday, the fella was chain smoking in the house all day which was pretty unpleasant. It wasn't until I got home smelt my clothes!!! Its amazing how much more noticable the smell is when you're a non-smoker. It makes me wonder if thats how I smelt all the time when I smoked.

I

Ian

I could smell it when I was washing my hair! It reminded me of how I used to smell on a Sunday morning after a Saturday night out, in the days when it was acceptable to smoke in pub and clubs.

S

SandyFloor

I'm doing fine ( stopped 10th Jan) and it's much easier than I thought it would have been .....in fact it feels too easy. Is it due to the available aids like patches and inhalers?

I'm increasingly more confident I'll never smoke again as I'm beginning to feel plenty of benefits and have a sense of freedom with my life not being governed by the craving. I always thought any recent quitters who said the smell of smoke was quite horrible were kidding themselves but I find it pretty nasty now and it's certainly not down to a craving.

My advice to anyone considering stopping is go for it as the withdrawal wasn't nearly as bad as I thought and I've started on cutting down on the nicotine levels in the patches and so far so good.

Getting your sense of smell back aint all that great tho.....my wife's feet are rotten sometimes!!!

S

Scott

ITs that fear of the withdrawl that stops people trying. Its a great feelin though isnt it.

My dads place stinks of ciggies, he is still smoking but only every now and then. However i still reek of it when i leave and always have to wash my clothes etc when i get home. Consequently i wont take my kids with me to see him.

Reaction score
Congratulations Sandy. :5:

Of course there IS NO WITHDRAWAL when you stop smoking. At least, there is a mild feeling of hunger, but thats it. So why the big fuss about stopping smoking? Why all the rubbish about smokers being addicts who need public support etc. etc.? The reason is that smoking addiction is 99% a phsychological problem, and 1% a physical problem. If you train your mind not to worry about not smoking, you will suffer no reaction. :pimp2:

That is why the two of the most successful methods of helping people to stop smoking involve either "unlearning" all the myths about what smoking does for you, or else Hypnotism, that simply diverts your mind away from the smoking habit. I know - I smoked for 35 years, and stopped with absolutely no support at all - except to read a book that readjusted my mental perceptions of smoking. :smoking:

So if anyone else is thinking of stopping smoking - do not waste your money (or that of the NHS) with nicotine replacement. It is a total waste of money. The nicotine is a mentally addictive drug and taking nicotine to help stop the nicotine addiction is as stupid as it sounds when you write it down! :mad2: Dont use nicorette or anything similar - the craving does not exist if you mentally condition yourself first.

Either spend your money buying one of the books, DVD's or CD's that talk to you about your smoking, or join a support group. But keep smoking until the day you light up a cigarette, and realise, it tastes of nothing special, it does not relax you or help you cope with stress, you feel exactly the same after as you did before you smoked that cigarette, it does absolutely nothing to enhance your life and frankly you wonder why you bothered lighting it up. Then you really will stop smoking for good. :hurray:

I

Ian

I agree that it's 'all in your head' but, do you not think that the nicotine replacement products are more of a replacement for the ciggies, to help break the habit rather than curing the addiction? You will still have to ween yourself off the nicotine product.

B

b30 villain

I thought i would struggle but i still havent had one. I agree with the horrible stink of them,Was at the hospital visiting a relative and my uncle came in from having a ciggy and the smell was awful. For the first time in 17 years i can say im a non smoker and love telling people who offer me a ciggy its a filthy habit:lol:

B

b30 villain

I agree that it's 'all in your head' but, do you not think that the nicotine replacement products are more of a replacement for the ciggies, to help break the habit rather than curing the addiction? You will still have to ween yourself off the nicotine product.
The last time i tried with the patches i was off em for six weeks but i was crawling the walls some days. This time without nicotine replacement i feel fantastic and was great after about 7-9 days

D

DHTiling

Everyone will know what I'm on about here. I was in a heavy smoking household yesterday, the fella was chain smoking in the house all day which was pretty unpleasant. It wasn't until I got home smelt my clothes!!! Its amazing how much more noticable the smell is when you're a non-smoker. It makes me wonder if thats how I smelt all the time when I smoked.

Were you working in this house ,, as in a customer.?

If so then you were within your rights to ask him to not smoke.. it is classed as a work place and comes under the smoking ban at work...

I

Ian

Were you working in this house ,, as in a customer.?

If so then you were within your rights to ask him to not smoke.. it is classed as a work place and comes under the smoking ban at work...

I was working yeah, didn't realise it was part of the ban. I'm pricing for their bathroom tomorrow so I'll not complain eh!

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen