Discuss 120m2 Garage Floor Tiling Price Check in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

moomarine

That's fine to tile direct. I've tiled loads of car showrooms on both new and old screeds and never decoupled.
Ahh cheers for that I didn't read Bri's post properly! So it's just the heat when the membrane is required! So I quite alright to tile the porcelain onto the screed. The guy I'm doing it for bought the same tiles that a local car garage used for there show room, so they should be fine.

I

Ian

Also what if they have latexed over it which they are doing at some point? Don't think I will be doing the job for about 2-3 more weeks. Is that enough time?
Rule of thumb is one day drying time for every 1mm of thickness, so a standard 100mm screed is going to be 3 months give or take. Now don't get me wrong, we've all tiled on them earlier but, to follow the "book", that's what is advised.

M

moomarine

Rule of thumb is one day drying time for every 1mm of thickness, so a standard 100mm screed is going to be 3 months give or take. Now don't get me wrong, we've all tiled on them earlier but, to follow the "book", that's what is advised.
Ok cheers for that Bri, I would rather stick to the book for this job as it will cost me if not!! I will find out from the Mrs uncle who did the screed!

dynamictiling

TF
Esteemed
glasgow
I have only had wee quick browse through the comments, so forgive me if this has already been covered. For a bigger floor I would use expansion trim/ movement joints. To prevent tiles/ grout cracking. Also given the fact there will be cars over the floor, use flexible grout.

Personally I would just tile straight onto the floor, given what I have read.

Lastly take at least an hour to set the floor out get it bang on square. Nothing worse than being off and having rake cuts rather than straight cuttings running down one of more walls.

M

moomarine

I have only had wee quick browse through the comments, so forgive me if this has already been covered. For a bigger floor I would use expansion trim/ movement joints. To prevent tiles/ grout cracking. Also given the fact there will be cars over the floor, use flexible grout.

Personally I would just tile straight onto the floor, given what I have read.

Lastly take at least an hour to set the floor out get it bang on square. Nothing worse than being off and having rake cuts rather than straight cuttings running down one of more walls.
How many/how often would you do expansion joints?

dynamictiling

TF
Esteemed
glasgow
Personally I use them every 5-7m2. Opinions differ wildly on how often to use them. Remember and use them running both ways I. E north/south west/east

Expansion trim comes in plastic and metal and different colours grey, black, bronze to name a few. Metal is obviously more expensive but does look better. Defo better asking the customer what he/she wants or prefers.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 120m2 Garage Floor Tiling Price Check in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello one and all, I have a 240m2 floor tiling job to price, including a tile upstand edged with...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Thanks to this forum and my research, the following is what I am going to use for my concrete...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
10 minutes ago Add bookmark #1 Which mapei adhesive ( it's convenient for me to buy this...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB