UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss 2 bits of bad news in one day. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
must be hard for you mate,
the gym i go to there is a debt collector who goes, i don't know how he goes about doing it,but if this lad came to my door,id pay up and give him a tip.,really good lad,but looks mean as hell.
as someone has said,this bloke seems to know his rights,if you take him to court he sounds like he has played the system before,me,id forget the law and go and knock on his door again.:thumbsup:

P

Pebbs

......"Not my problem mate"....

I had to read this three times, I think the first couple of times I was in shock, then when it sunk in what had happened, I had to go and think about what to do. Whilst many of you would go down the legal route, which would be costly and still not give any joy at the end, I cant agree.

CJ this customer is a scum bag, I have not the slightest doubt that you are the first person he has done this to, and if it was me, then I would be engaging the 'services' of someone to go and collect this debt come hell or high water. However I would do this first, send a copy of your final account to the customer, registered post, I think thats the one where they dont sign it but you know it gets delivered. You know why I advise you to do this first dont you? yes of course you know why, I dont need to explain. I would not go to collect the debt but someone on my behalf, and someone who wont take no for an answer. Nip this in the bud now, and sort it out, from a distance ok?

Secondly the so called 'mate' I hope he rots in hell, and falls face down in the adhesive with his hands tied behind his back. Your life is better of without this two faced, schemeing, back-stabbing, jack of all trades master of none, and what goes around comes around, but it can take time. You have to much aggro on your plate at the moment deal with the scum bag customer first and then tackle the other one when your ready.

Mouldy

TF
Arms
Park Gate
CJ, as has been mentioned get legal advice. You can go to the CAB but in my experience its of limited benefit. So my advise is this. Check your house insurance and or your PLI to see if you have legal cover. If you have contact them immediatly. Small claims will cost you more then you'll recover, not the court themselves but the cost of a legal team and ultimatly I'd suggest that it wont stop at small claims.

So check your insurance policies now!

R

Rob Z

It's at times like this that I would dream of having access to a debt collector like Barry the Baptist from Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

Attachments

• debt collector.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 50
C

CJ CERAMICS

Just out of interest why could you only work between the hours of 10-2.

Hi whitebeam the reason the customer stated that i could only work 10-2 was that he had a business that he opened at 7 and then came home at 10 and then went back to close the business leaving home at 2 and did not feel comfortable leaving people in his house unattended (he did say that this was all workmen and was not in any way aimed solely at me). On 2 days upon arriving at the job his wife was also present due to days off from work and still i had to leave at 2. Not sure what he thought i was going to do.
chris

C

CJ CERAMICS

I would like to thank you all for your thoughts comments and advice in regards to this matter. I have taken note of the advice and shall be acting accordingly, although i do feel that actually reclaiming the money even after a court case may be near impossible as i now feel that this customer does know the legal stand points and has basically played me. but i will see this through to the bitter end no matter what.

i would also like to make you all a promise.......after reading through some of my recent posts it seems that i have had a run of bad luck in the past couple of months BUT there have also been some good times aswell, So i promise that the next post from myself will a happy one:hurray::lol:

chris

U

user123

i hope justice is done chris but i still believe you should not have left the house so easy. you should have started lifting tiles to get YOUR adhesive back. i'm sure he would have seriously thought about paying you then. good luck with it mate

Bit difficult though when there was already a police complaint about a non-existing assault! To me that's the most upsetting thing of all, what a grotty evil trick to pull ... :thumbsdown: Adding vandalism to someone's private property wouldn't have helped at all... keep thinking about it... you've got us all rooting for you, Chris... what a shocker.

M

Mike

smashing the tiles would have been vandalism but carefully removing them to retain your own property (addy and grout) would have been ok. i had an incident with a bad next door neighbour were they removed my edgings from my garden cos they didn't llike the look of them. i called the police who said it was a civil matter and as there's no damage to the edgings there's nothing they could do. i waited till they went away for the weekend and laid them again with re bar through them and fast drying concrete, result :lol::lol:

G

Gazrus

Ouch, Sorry to hear, I too had to read ya post several times before it sunk in.:mad2::mad2:

Its typical of the way this country is heading, personally I would send the boys around, but this scumbag sounds like he knows exactly what he is doing, so ya gotta tread careful & as mentioned by others, from a distance.
The missus read it too & she was gobsmacked too she said same as Pebbs suggested, send final invoice registered post.
Hopefully will get sorted.
As for ya so-called mate, he'd be getting a clip big style.

Good luck with it marra

Reply to 2 bits of bad news in one day. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.