Wall and Floor Tiling Standards BS 5385 Part 1 and 2 Bristish Standards, ISO Tile Fixing Standard.

Welcome to TilersForums.com, the place to discuss all tiling standards whether British Standards in Wall and Floor Tiling, BS5385, or ISO European Standards for Tile Fixing.

Tiling Standards

Wall and Floor Tiling Standards for the UK: British Standards in Tiling.

Discuss Adjudication and BS5385 for bad tiling work in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Ajax, can I ask you a question? what is the maximum amount of screed m2 at 50mm that can be completed in 8 hours? with no additive? Ground floor so no carting it up a few floors.

Pebbs

Depends on how quick you are at laying it, how you place it e.g. pump or wheel barrow etc, the quality of the screed, cement content etc. Also affected by actual supply to the work site i.e. if it is site mixed you need the mixers to keep up with the layers and vice versa.....

Also bear in mind that if it is a simple sand cement screed generally the minimum depth floating on insulation should be 65mm and not 50mm. If it is either unbonded or "partially bonded" i.e. straight onto an unprepared concrete slab then 50mm is fine as the minimum depth.

All that said I would probably aim for maximum of about 150m2 but realistically if you are asking the question as you are not sure how much you would ba able to do yourself it implies that you are not a screeder as such and you should cut this meterage down quite a bit. I have seen some screeders capable of laying 200m2 in a single day but that is going some IMO and takes practice and organisation.

I have not laid sand cement for several years. Last time was when I did my Kitchen on my own. About 25m2 mixed myself and laid myself at about 80mm and took about 9 hours altogether. A labouror would have cut the time in half at least.

Hoep that helps

Oh by the way if it is Gyvlon you could lay 1500 to 2000m2 in a day at 50mm.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Adjudication and BS5385 for bad tiling work in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I was hoping for some advice. I have large white tiles in my kitchen who a friend laid. I was...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I had a very unprofessional tiler who did a lot of errors and left my bathroom...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB