Discuss any clever person know in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Right.... Part 3 of the standard which I think is the part that covers mosaics on floors for the purpose of this thread does not actually I've a percentage. It says that the adhesive bed should be spread using a notched trowel such that the tessera should be in full contact with the adhesive avoiding an voids. (Not a direct quote). So if we assume that the cover should be 100% to the back of the tile and the mesh and adhesive that holds it to the back of the tesserae should cover no more than 25% of the area of each tesserae then the tile adhesive should be in direct contact with at least 75% of the tesserae themselves.... If that makes sense....

I have the 1997 edition of the standard....which I think is the latest edition.

it says the sheets should be placed on the adhesive and tapped down using a wooden beater or laying on trowel so that full contact with the adhesive bed is achieved....

Does that help??

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
i dont get that "the mesh shouldn't cover more than 25% of the tile." isn't the mesh attatched to the whole tile? if im talkin sausages just say stfu lol

no. the mesh is like bits of string and the 25% refers to the physical contact areas of that string. You see the bulk of the tile underside through the mesh

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
so the 25% of the tile coverd by mesh is the actual amount each tile will have anyway? if that's the case surely the mesh cant cover anymore of the tile can it? unless you add your own mesh lol

??? you been drinking too??

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

well done mate !! Nail on the head i think , top bloke Alan ! :thumbsup: sound good to me , i always use a ramondi tile beater ( size of a large plastic float ) heavy as two house bricks , Proper-job !! rubber grout floats :thumbsdown:

Dave I have the Ramondi beater too, I think you noticed it in my last jotm entry. Proper beaters, a real man's beater, comes in handy for laying decoupling membranes ( getting the air bubbles out):thumbsup:

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Dave I have the Ramondi beater too, I think you noticed it in my last jotm entry. Proper beaters, a real man's beater, comes in handy for laying decoupling membranes ( getting the air bubbles out):thumbsup:
OH yes mate i did see it !!, yep you certainly get the job done with one of these phil, i've had mine 3 of them for about 27 years LOL and clean two of them in acid once , it worked ....... great minds phil ......LOL

Reply to any clever person know in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
If you've been on any of the Goldtrowel Tiling Courses then please leave feedback and reviews in...
Replies
Views
K
Hello, Looking for some advice. Had our new kitchen fitted last October. The floor is half...
Replies
Views
Hi guys and girls. Need a bit of feedback from you, VIA EMAIL (I'll close this thread) - Send...
Replies
Views
D
How you size a image to fit a particular size wall without losing the pixel quality to...
Replies
Views
Diamond Pool Finishers
D
D
Lec 32 | 8.01 Physics I: Classical Mechanics, Fall 1999 - YouTubei find expansion a very...
Replies
Views
True Tiling
T

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB