Discuss Bad Customer Service in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gall.B

Just back from a well known indipendant Tile distributor in the Gorbals area of Glasgow, was in getting some prices and placing an order, I have used this place all my carreer for tiles trims addy Sigmas etc as well as CTD anyway a lot of dosh is spent in this place every year

On Saturday I placed an order about a monkeys worth of stuff Tiles, Square edge trim, tanking kit, bal rapid-flex mapei silicone grout and two blue star. when I unloaded I noticed the blue star wasnt in the truck and hadnt been loaded in. although I did sign the line (my fault i know)

Whilst ordering says to the guy behind the desk didnt get my addy heres the line he goes off comes back & tells mre the wharehouse manager loaded it in herself & can remember doing it! im furious at this point and taking exception to being branded a liar! then out comes the M.D. who is backing up the warehouse girl and refusing to check the camera or computer stock its al kicking of in the showroom and im trying to point out how much I put through the place a year (4-8) bathrooms worth a month plus other stuff)

Got my tubs in the end, think an M.D. should no better than confront a customer in his showroom in front of other punters with the girl in tow calling me a liar. think i will be changing suppliers now

R

Rich

I dont blame you, I have a really good relationship with the suppliers that I use and I do everything I can to help them out in any way I can, sending my customers to them and recommending them to local building firms and so on.

I stopped using a supplier not long ago because I lent the owner some money and he had no intention of paying me back, he now cant understand why I have gone elsewhere.

R

Rich

I try to make a point of getting personal with my suppliers, they have helped me out no end in the past when I have really needed it and I never forget a favor. I like to take the time to go in when Im picking up gear and have a cup of tea with them, makes the day go that little bit faster as well.

Think that is no way for a boos to act in front of customers, it makes the store look bad and makes the people in the shop think that your trying it on. Not what you want.

G

Gall.B

Totaly diffrent vibe in this place than my local CTD, the diffrence in attitude is poles apart get on really well with the lads in CTD and can never do enough for you, this other place has better range & stock and can be cheaper on a lot of things, some customers i have sent in have even commented on the staff and there manner. No wonder with an M.D. like that as an influence.

Strongly worded email will be in his inbox come Monday morning.

Dont tend to go in much as it costs time & dough to visit so easy to ordrer and get the stuff sent out

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
it wasnt mate ,you would actually be surprised who it was.

got on great with all staff ,a problem arose with a product i wasnt happy with it

customer hadnt complained it was just me who wasnt happy with the quality

told to beat it basically

5 grand order was meant to be placed the following week with them for a keope job......thats the 1st of many they have lost ,really really bad way to treat regular trade

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bad Customer Service in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
So, I bought my first home with my wife after saving for about 10 years and have been thrown...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
C
Hello everyone - this is my first post in the forum and I’m looking for some advice and opinion...
Replies
Views
M
Had an bust up/argument with tiler today. Usually use someone else but this guy came recommended...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Bad Customer Service
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.