Discuss Better get cracking! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

trevortine

This week was gonna be a quiet one mainly down to weather, big mahoosive set of steps to do but the weather says no. As i walked into garage with my cup of tea in hand after a long lie i thought i would tidy van out and have a kinda potter about. Phone rang, shopfitters desparate for 150 m2 600x600 in a shop right in middle of glasgow. Went to see it, priced it and was hoping to start tonight but due to many phone calls to and fro between contractors, shop owners, site foreman, the price wasnt confirmed till 6pm! Managed to get down to supplier and get enough addy for tomorrow and will be on site for 7am! It has to be finished by friday so have to work day and night, as i say, better get cracking!

T

Time's Ran Out

Good Luck - The problem I find with shopfitting work is the still want a competitive price but its only the workers who lose out as you are held up all the time.
We were putting a hardstand down around a bar as the were laying a carpet up to our trims - if you lost any tools they were under the carpet!
And then to top it all you had to wait 3 months for your bit.
Nowt good about shopfitting work for us.

T

trevortine

Went in tues morn and done upstairs, around 20m2 into five different rooms so lot of cutting round door standards etc, turned up at 12pm on wed and by 1130pm had 71m2 tiled and grouted, thurs done around 35 m2 around 2 colomns and nightmare bit where floor level changed and had to cut tiles all sorts of shapes to accomodate slope. Yesterday went in at 10, only to be told come back tonight!! went back in and done stairwell and changing rooms, finished off 4 or 5m2 at front that was packed with cabinets, grouted all and was home for 1130. So all in all we done ok, just the bathroom floor and hallway upsairs to finish on mon night. Contractor says client might have issue with grout lines though, they wanted 1.5mm gaps on floor, no one even mentioned it and i had already agreed a 5mm joint with the site foreman, hope theres no probs as the md was in last night full of praise for us and asking how far we travel!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Better get cracking! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

J
Hi I've noticed that the grout has cracked most of the way down where two walls meet in the...
Replies
Views
prceramics
P
Hi there First of all, I am VERY happy to have found this forum, as I have been pulling my hair...
Replies
Views
C
How hard can it be to find a decent tiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quick background (might have...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
P
This is my first post and it's a long one. Hope someone can help. I had a limestone floor in my...
Replies
Views
Shortio
S
J
Hi We have a problem with linear cracks in a newly laid limestone tiled floor. The screed...
Replies
Views
Aston
A

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Better get cracking!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.