Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Big clinker at B&Q in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

gomez

Hi
After posting a couple of days ago I found a big clinker at B&Q trade for £50.00 plus vat, seems like a good price if anyones looking. Got one myself but the wheel hight adjustment isn't working. probably a fault with the machine I got, anyone else had probs with cutter hight? Incidentally, tried it out on a 600 mm porc tile and it cut it well, not a great build quality but it seems to do what its supposed to.

G

gomez

Hi
I got it from the trade counter at the checkout, it was on one of the special offer packages. it was a couple of weeks ago, may have been withdrawn now, could be worth a phone call.
Sorted the cutter hight ,it was the screw on the adjustment knob needed nipping up. Been using it on polished porc 300x600 it gives a nice clean cut but occasionally may leave a 1 or 2 mill nib on the extreme ends of the tile, mabey the way i am using it. Any tips?

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
Hi
I got it from the trade counter at the checkout, it was on one of the special offer packages. it was a couple of weeks ago, may have been withdrawn now, could be worth a phone call.
Sorted the cutter hight ,it was the screw on the adjustment knob needed nipping up. Been using it on polished porc 300x600 it gives a nice clean cut but occasionally may leave a 1 or 2 mill nib on the extreme ends of the tile, mabey the way i am using it. Any tips?

Hi Gomez,

With mine, if I have a very large tile, I put the wheel a couple of inches in from the bottom edge and pull the wheel backwards off the tile, then I start at the bottom and score up as normal, this makes sure that the whole tile is scored evenly, then you shouldn't have the little angular piece at the end of the tile. :thumbsup:

G

gomez

Hi all
looking for a bit more info / advice, bathroom /wet room tiled now ( in porc 300x600) just wondering about the pros and cons regarding silicon. i know which joints to seal (shower corners floor corners etc.), but here's the question, in members experience is it best to grout and then silicon, or silicon straight into the open joint (2mm). and grout up to it?
Thanks for your attention. Ps. I wanted to start this question it a new thread but i can't find out how any pointers?

D

DHTiling

Hi all
looking for a bit more info / advice, bathroom /wet room tiled now ( in porc 300x600) just wondering about the pros and cons regarding silicon. i know which joints to seal (shower corners floor corners etc.), but here's the question, in members experience is it best to grout and then silicon, or silicon straight into the open joint (2mm). and grout up to it?
Thanks for your attention. Ps. I wanted to start this question it a new thread but i can't find out how any pointers?

Go to the required forum on the home page.. click to enter that forum and the click New thread top left of the forum.

http://www.tilersforums.com/index.php

Reply to Big clinker at B&Q in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

M
topps have now got 2 new big clinkers for sale, a 750mm for £200 inc. vat and a 900mm for £300...
Replies
Views
C
Hi Great forum. Thank you to everyone. Sudden panic, I am currently having 30 m2 B&Q Polished...
Replies
Views
Christine
C
D
will a ruby star 60 n plus cut 610mm by 210 tiles smooth porcelain tiles ok?The blurb on the...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
G
just come back from b&q changing my card to the new tradepoint card and they are stocking some...
Replies
Views
david campbell
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Big clinker at B&Q
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.