Discuss bin laden is dead in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

I can completley understand why they are celebrating the way they are at ground zero, thousand upon thousands of familes lost their loved ones horifically for no reason other than they went to work, id imaging they feel the same as any loved one would feel sat in a court room hearing a guilty verdict against the person who murdered someone close to them.

Yes I understand that, too. Luckily I am not one of them and am less emotionally involved....

S

SandyFloor

I can completley understand why they are celebrating the way they are at ground zero, thousand upon thousands of familes lost their loved ones horifically for no reason other than they went to work, id imaging they feel the same as any loved one would feel sat in a court room hearing a guilty verdict against the person who murdered someone close to them.

So if someone was convicted of murdering one of your loved ones you would feel like dancing? If it took ten years to find and convict that person would you feel like dancing?

O

Olz

I dance like the proverbail drunk uncle at the wedding reception, and thankfully it has never happened to me, but im quite sure that I would be very very happy knowing that, the person responsable had been punished and stopped.

Not really proportionate to just stick bin laden in a prison though after killing just under 3000 in the twin towers, plus all the others in the attacks he has claimed to have planned / instigated.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

Osama Bi Laden's actions just proved that in war there are no winners, that war breeds war. Wasn't his ideology the result of the Russian - Afghan war? The rhetoric used by the papers is exactly the same kind of rhetoric used by middle Eastern countries were 1000s have been killed by action from the West, - is one type of killing any better than the other?
Extreme terrorism is frightening and sickening and there is no excuse, neither is there an excuse for the Western and more often than not American arrogance in how they behave in the world, the polititicians making themselves sound so self righteous and superior while in the USA many of their own people suffer, too, ... how come we get presented with the shinier than shiny 'good version'. The term 'axis of evil' should have never been allowed, we are talking about human beings trapped by corrupt governments, but don't we know how little we can do against corruption here, be that the MPs' expenses scandal or the behavious of banks, adding to that the insult of globalisation, to really stamp out cultural differences alltogether. We saw what happens to people who feel oppressed in Northern Ireland, the oppression in the Middle East has lasted for a longer time and affected so many more people - is it really a surprise that terrorism has been able to get such a hold?

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, I would dance in the street if ever I heard that religious freedom was allowed in the Middle East and that financial corruption had come to an end everywhere, not because one man got shot dead that will provoke how many other deaths? Yes, perhaps it was right to shoot him, all those who believe in the death penalty will agree with it, and perhaps there is no better answer than the death penalty for some people, to be honest it's beyond my comprehension what is the right thing to do. My personal revulsion though is greater against people like paedophiles and people who attack old people in their own homes, than against someone turned extremely evil by circumstances caused by others, I hope that comes across right. Strange there have been no pictures still, a good thing, but strange all the same.

U

user123

'xactly... so you have religion and politics and the age old conflict of the human need between attachment to something greater and freedoom all mixed together - spot the difference in the causes.... it doesn't excuse bombings and murder and all that, it just explains the obvious, that there are no winners in the long run, and hence there is no reason for dancing and celebrating as if it meant it did... And Martin Luther King Jr put it very well.... yawn... aren't you lot tired yet? :)

U

user123

I'm just waking up, I'm a vampire really:lol::lol:

I was like that last night, wide awake until 3am!! mad, and then woke up at 6, all very strange, but it's catching up with me now... I downloaded this Hungarian grandmother's voice onto my Tom Tom, she says things like, you have reached your destination, and if you didn't you didn't listen to me properly... :lol: that's what these terrorists and email spammers and virus spreaders etc, need - a firm no nonsense Hungarian grandmother... :)

S

SandyFloor

Just a little point of interest on the side re. Northern Ireland. My grandmother knew some Irish Americans back in the sixties and seventies and they were all led to believe the British treated the Northern Irish in a similar manner as they did during the potato famine. My parents took one woman over when she was trying to trace her roots and she was stunned when she saw modern housing, drainage, etc. She and most of the company she worked for had been donating 5% of her salary for years to help feed and clothe all the destitute children ......I think we can guess where that went.

Reply to bin laden is dead in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

J
Hi everyone I've done several trades across construction, and the thing I struggle most with is...
Replies
Views
W
Has the update killed the Tapatalk option? Stopped working yesterday for me.
Replies
Views
GRRRR. Friend of a friend has been pestering me to tile their house. Whole downstairs floor...
Replies
Views
Unused Account 1
U
S
...bit of a who dunnit but feel I've been shafted royal style on this one. Working for a joiner...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
W
This is sort of related to phils theft from his van. A plumber I was chatting to yesterday had...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

rotherham

Thread Information

Title
bin laden is dead
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.