Discuss Black/Red/Yellow Quarry restore in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Have a customer that I have done a fair bit of work for, and he asked me to have a look at his large-ish hallway floor which are black/red/yellow quarries.

Floor is generally not tooo bad, usual stuffs on it, paint,glue etc etc........except the softer yellows which have degraded and have a scabby kind of finish on SOME

Don't want to hire any abrasive/grinder gear, but a more gentle approach............any ideas?

The customer has asked me to tile OVER the lot (his wife wants to as well) :yikes::yikes:.........but I am hoping to change his mind and said I would get back to him about restoring it as best as possible.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
DSCF0011.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

Ok.........so wot do ya reckon..............for all you restorers.
The blacks mostly look ok........as do most of the reds. The yellows, (only in a small area) are very slightly blown, but just a couple of mill

Last edited:

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
It is as they are vitrified.. they tend to wear evenly.... the pic looks like peeling....

Some paint on there as well.. LTP solvex will shift that.. i would try the solvex forst and see what finish you get.. do you have a scrubber..?

Going to try the heavy clean option first...........then think about heavier duty stuff if that fails.

Going to hire a scrubber..........first time for everything :yikes:

I'm really trying to talk him into keeping them..........if not, I wonder if I could lift them and use them myself. ;)

Reply to Black/Red/Yellow Quarry restore in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
A
Hi We recently found pretty basic red and black victorian quarry tiles in our kitchen. They...
Replies
Views
Tsctiling
T
J
I hired a contractor to lay me a new patio using black limestone (that I provided from his...
Replies
Views
JamieB69
J
J
I am a newbie on the forum and wanted to ask a question about sourcing replacement tiles for our...
Replies
Views
J
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

CJ

Arms
TF
Somerset

Thread Information

Title
Black/Red/Yellow Quarry restore
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks