Discuss Can anyone give me a bit of advice? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

chris.s

Hello.
I've now got several sheets of hardiebacker board to line my shower enclosure. I spoke to their customer support team the other day and was told that I need to use galvanised screws (I'm guessing masonry screws) to mechanically fix them to the wall in addition to dot and dabbling them.
Does anyone have any experience of doing this and could someone please tell me where I can get a galvanised masonry screw.
I'm getting a bit fed up of having to take baths.
Thanks.

C

chris.s

screwfix or toolstation would be good for your screws, basically you want screws that wont rust

This is where I am having a slight problem, I'm not sure how rust resistant I need these screws to be. The ones in toolststion are ' zinc & Yellow Passivated' which are not suitable for exterior use.
http://www.toolstation.com/m/part.html?p=62108
Having said that, if the screws are going to get as wet as if they were outside then I've not tiled my shower very well have I?
Does anyone know if this degree of rust resistance will be sufficient or can anyone recommend a particular type or brand?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Can anyone give me a bit of advice? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’ve just crossed over from the plumbers forum for some tiling advice as I’m in the process...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Can anyone give me a bit of advice?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.