UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Car accident. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

He's ok.. just shook up... got covered in glass from his window smashing out on impact... but he is fine.. just got to see what is causing his side to hurt.. i think it is just from the impact..

Sorry to hear this Dave. It will be impact bruising and he will feel as if he's just had a herd of cows trampled him. I had a head on a few years back and after the shock adrenaline settles i felt like i was bruised from head to toe. If he hasnt sustained anything serious then the aches will disappear after a couple of days.

Just seen he has whiplash, sorry to hear that. He will be sore for a while, still it could have been worse, at least he will get a bit of time off work and get fussed over which isnt to bad.

It will be interesting to see hear what the police think of the cabbie taking off, despite returning he was the only one involved that had the opportunity to check the others were ok or not. They should charge him for leaving the scene of an accident which is quite a serious offence over here at least.
A bit of a fright for you i reckon!

Last edited:
D

DHTiling

I mentioned to the police about him taking off and leaving the scene of a RTA and he said , well at least he came back....

As long as the lad admits it was his fault for being so close and that his insurance assessor doesn't find any bad faults on the car that might warrant a write off and they value it less than what he owes on it...next few days will see how this side of things will progress..

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Bloody hell mate I missed this one. Send my regards to your lad mate. Hope he's alright in the end.

Looks like the damage to his car could have misshapen the roof, in which cash it's a write-off as you can't put the roof structure back into shape. If his door isn't shutting and it isn't down to just the door, it'll be the bit of support that goes from the arch to the roof that's moved. They can't do anything about that bit if it has moved. It weakens the structure of the car so would need to write it off. If it's just the door that's misshapen then you should be fine.

Main thing is your lad's okay. And thankfully the other guy's taken blame and clearly must be insured which is positive too as not all are these days according to Radio 1!

Taxi's for you though. They know the rules better than most. I had one pull out on me and then as I dodged him he changed his turning curve to try and still get me ram in the side of him. 4 pot Brembo brakes stopped me though! The runt! I smiled at him and he actually looked a bit shocked that I stopped. I bet you £10 that if I did hit him, he'd have pressed his 'emergency' button and there would have been several Taxi's all there as 'witnesses to the accident'. They know what they're doing.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Does his roof look as if it has been pushed up a little near the door Dave? Providing that's okay I would suspect panels and doors can be repaired or replaced really easily. Hard to tell in the pictures but there doesn't seem enough damage at all to write it off - providing the roof hasn't been pushed up a little on impact near the door.

D

DHTiling

IMO it is fine... no kinks of any kind in the roof.. no door post movement..

Bonnet/hatch and the other 3 doors all line up fine..and the cill isn't bent either.... the impact hit the door which in turn popped the glass and also the drivers mirror came off..

So fingers crossed nothing major has happened, as the car is on finance and he doesn't want a short fall on the assessment to what he owes on it.. other wise that means he not only loses his car but still has some to pay..

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Door post that's the bloody word I wanted! lol

If that's fine I'd imagine it'll be fine. I just thought of that as I had a mate with a corsa that was perfect other than a door and the door POST! Which the insurance said meant the roof would be out of line therefore structurally weak and unrepairable. Which makes sense I suppose.

Main thing is he's okay as said.

Fingers crossed for him though bruv. But I'm sure he'll be sound on that front.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Car accident. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

My tiler has made a huge mistake (which he excuses as being unlucky with measurements). There is...
Replies
Views
Hi, my name is Eddy, my forum nickname is Dobalganero. I am looking for advice here. I hope I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
I have a minor issue with where my shower tray is going. The ensuite is an L shape and the...
Replies
Views
Hi All First post long storey short had arranged for someone to re model my bathroom on the...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.