Discuss Catch 22 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Martino

Hi guys i have not been on here for a while! hows tricks?

I seem to be in a catch 22 situation as my work has dried up and has been pretty quiet for the past 2 months!....from jan up until may/june ive been flat out....then a big drout with only the odd job popping up...

There is a job going which after working it out is around half the pay i would normally get but its permanent...i.e no dry spots!....Maybe im just really eager or dumb?

Whats your opinions?.....Im wearing my sofa out not working lol!!

Get off that sofa and get a nice looking portfolio together. If you haven't got decent pictures call up customers and ask them if they would mind you popping in one day to take some.

Take the quiet opportunities to drive around every bathroom store and every tile shop leaving cards and ask questions when you are there to get the conversation glowing! Sell yourself.

Rest assured, if you ain't doing it, someone else is !!!

A local paper for my area charges a business card size advertisement for roughly £50 per 2 fortnightly newspapers (1 month)
But in this case as i am sure there is more, people keep ahold of this more so than the Star etc etc.

If you think about paper advertisement I always ring the writer office and find out what there average sale/ catchment is.
then pick one of the popular ones

I

ian158

As above.
My mates gone onto Mybuilder and is picking lots of work, which i get the tiling for etc. They vet you and they also vet the customer so you don't chase bogus leads....
I tried Rated People.com last year and it was pants. They just want the money, i can't recommend that one.

i started with rated people 6 years ago...they started it all, but now they are pants like you say...then myhammer which was good for me but mybuilder has been the best. By next monday i will have quoted 7 jobs...i reckon i might get 3 out of that...in 10 days thats not bad. yellow pages and local newspaper has never worked for me..with these site you post photos of your work..yiou get reviews from previous clients which gives them confidence. However since I started in 2011 with mybuilder i've noticed less leads and people wanting cheap.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Catch 22 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

S
Hi folks, I turned up to start the job and began ripping up the existing quarry tiles to find...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
Replies
Views
A
Hi guys Just a quick update on phil for you all. He's out of hospital now and in a new...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
E
So I'm having trouble with a customer relating to grout (Bal Micromax) I have tiled 70 sq...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
What the customer said: Sean: You do not have enough tiles to complete the job. Cust: Thank God...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB