Discuss Ceramic floor tiles...? in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

My original post was to do with the attitude of some people when answering a question not whether it is right or wrong that people charge for work that shouldn't be
Well that's where your confusion started because the original thread was about the suitability of ceramic tiles for a floor tiling job!
Your post should have been started in its own thread and we may not have lost the OP in a maze of personal comments that had no relevance to his enquiry.
However we are now in 'advice on the forum' so that's good.

A

AMtek

Yes I think you are very confused

Don't think there was any need for that. You're obviously a very good tiler but you don't know me as a person or as a tiler. I very much doubt you would say something like that to me in person so why you feel the need to flex your forum muscles I don't know. As already stated there is a thread open in the arms, I suggest we stick to posting there.

T

The D

Don't think there was any need for that. You're obviously a very good tiler but you don't know me as a person or as a tiler. I very much doubt you would say something like that to me in person so why you feel the need to flex your forum muscles I don't know. As already stated there is a thread open in the arms, I suggest we stick to posting there.
I never say anything on a computer that I would not say to a persons face. If you was stood in front of me and we was having this conversation I would say exactly the same thing if that makes you want to fight me that is up to you. I do not think I am flexing any muscles I am just saying you are or you are coming across as being confused. In this and the thread you have started you say stop all the bitching and answer the op but no one was bitching and the op had been answered then you say the forum is unfriendly in general and long standing members are ripping in to people that have just asked a simple question. Show me where this has happened
You have banged on about all sorts of non related stuff and that is why I said you are confused and now you sound angry but is it me you are angry with ?? Or do you even know what you are angry about ??

A

AMtek

If it came across that I wanted to fight you then that wasn't my intention, there is nothing worse than throwing threats about over the internet when everyone knows that nothing is ever going to be done about it.

Maybe I do sound confused but all I was trying to say is that I think that sometimes we could give people a break but it seemed to me that a lot of people were more concerned with who should and shouldn't be tiling which is a different topic completely but one I did get drawn into.

I did also play devils advocate and try to get people to put themselves into a customers or someone inexperienced in tilings shoes for a second which probably confused things further. I think we all probably see things from a tilers point of view sometimes without looking at the bigger picture.

I think "torn to shreds" was the wrong phrase and perhaps derogatory would have been a better word to describe some of the replies that I have seen.

I didn't mean any disrespect to the forum, its a great place to come to get advice and the banter is good I just think that sometimes some of the replies are a bit unfair to the poster and a little unneeded.

I'm not back tracking, changing my opinion or apologising for my general point of view but I think we have all had our say now, maybe something has been taken from the thread, maybe not but we are going round in circles now and nothing is being achieved so I think the thread has run its course.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Ceramic floor tiles...? in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB