Discuss Coast to Coast in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Your the same age as myself Chris, my ear is close to the ground here so hopefully something will appear with little or no damage,lol.
I'v offered the guys in the shop to help them move stuff to new premises if i'm not busy.
If i was doing coast to coast i think i would be on a racer,lol.
I know my maxxis 2.35 tyres grip tarmac too much for my liking,lol.
You'd never do it on a racer. Cyclocross for sure but the off-tarmac bits would kill you on a straight racer. You'd need a different cassette too even a road triple would be tough.

Took my Giant Rock out around the posh estate across the stream from us. Forgot how easy it is going uphill and how pointless it is on the flat or downhill. Spin, spin, spin. Looking forward to getting it on the rough stuff next weekend.

im finding im burning up just riding normally so a full face would scare me but when i get this trip out of the way i need to start getting some air the bike is great and i feel v in control but i need to push it now or i will go stale

i was thinking of getting a road bike but im not old enough yet 40 in June maybe when im 50

I will pass round to the boys any stuff you can get hold of

Don't leave it too late, its a different type of cycling and the older you get the harder it is to transfer and be decent enough at it.

A kid just did the 10miler round a reservoir near here in about 24 minutes. Its pretty up and down. I did it last year (not pushing too hard as I cant) in a knee crunching 41minutes. He's not even a pro. B*stard. I'm aiming for a sub-35mins by the end of the season. If the knee improves. I'm 50 in November and aim for the Cyclone ride C next year (104miles, 2400m of climb). It was supposed to be this year but coming off the bike (wasp strike under helmet. ahem) put an end to that dream. Bust elbow, battered knee and ankle not to mention the pride.....

Get a roadie and come on over for that!

Don't leave it too late, its a different type of cycling and the older you get the harder it is to transfer and be decent enough at it.

A kid just did the 10miler round a reservoir near here in about 24 minutes. Its pretty up and down. I did it last year (not pushing too hard as I cant) in a knee crunching 41minutes. He's not even a pro. B*stard. I'm aiming for a sub-35mins by the end of the season. If the knee improves. I'm 50 in November and aim for the Cyclone ride C next year (104miles, 2400m of climb). It was supposed to be this year but coming off the bike (wasp strike under helmet. ahem) put an end to that dream. Bust elbow, battered knee and ankle not to mention the pride.....

Get a roadie and come on over for that!

How come its so diff i know the tyres look like a piece of thin wire but my mates a big fat lad so i was just going to slipstream behind him and let him do all the work

wasps strike sounds orrid

Day 1 50 Miles 8 pints of Guinness 4 Laphroaigs
Day 2 43 Miles 6 pints of Cumberland ~Ale & a glass of port
Day 3 47 Miles God knows how many pints of Bitter & twisted 8 Sambukka
today i managed to get downstairs and make a cup of tea and thats about it

This was the hardest thing i have done but enjoyed every minute of it

and the riding was hard as well still struggling to speak

Reply to Coast to Coast in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, Just had the bathroom floor tiled - well almost , the builder walked off after a...
Replies
Views
StevieBoy
S
J
Hi guys. just Started up my own business last year so very very new to everything and was just...
Replies
Views
J.harvey tiling
J
T
So.... Signed up to the forum, looked at loads of threads (found the one about poor workmanship...
Replies
Views
Bit of a strange subject title for a tiling forum, but that’s what I’ve had for the past 10...
Replies
Views
Russell brown
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Coast to Coast
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.