Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Computer Repair Scam by phone FIXONCLICK in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doit4u

My wife has had several calls from a company saying they wanted to help with our computers problems, but as she couldn't understand the asian accent she put the phone down.

Today they rang when I was at home and explained they had reports of problems on my computer and started to lead me through checking some info on my computer about errors that could cause the system to crash.

When they asked if they could download a program to give their technicians access to fix problems I became suspicious and started asking how they got the info, from where, who they were working for and why hadn't the problem been picked up either by my antivirus or health checks by PC world, they became very evasive and eventually gave up.

BE WARNED have a look at FixOnClick: Phone scam to get into your PC! | WyredMedia

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I can't stress this enough to anybody; IF YOU NEED A SERVICE - CALL A LOCAL COMPANY : IF YOU DON'T AND LOTS CALL YOU - ALWAYS IGNORE THEM ALL!

This applies to everything.

I used to cold-call selling mobiles and our tactics were just as dodgy, I'm sorry to say.

Clearly in this case there's something really dodgy going on as they want access to your computer. They could install key-loggers and steal your personal details and credit card/bank details.

They clearly want something if they're calling another country to gain access to computers based there.

Always always always say you're not interested and hang up when ANY company calls you that you don't currently subscribe to. And even then, get their details, hang up, and call them back.

The amount of times I get calls from "Orange" about my mobile phone which I don't have with them still. "Hi, Orange here, we're believe you're ready for an upgrade soon and wanted to discuss exclusive early deals with our customers" - Me: "Sorry, converted that SIM to pay as you go in 2006, you clearly need to update your details or you're not Orange are you?" - they hang up. But call again in another couple of months.

Reply to Computer Repair Scam by phone FIXONCLICK in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

C
I'm almost lost for words!!!!! Last weekend I went to see a potential customer about some...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
W
I had a job booked to retile 19m of kitchen floor where the house had apperently had a little...
Replies
Views
wayfoward
W
Just a quick lesson you could learn from me. I upgraded the operating software on my MacBook...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
Got a phone call from an Indian man claiming to be "From Windows Tech Team." My computer has...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Computer Repair Scam by phone FIXONCLICK
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.