Discuss Crash crash crash in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

area tiling

TF
Arms
n.ireland
Don't normally work Saturdays but was heading to my work today and crashed the van , hit black ice outside a small village the roads were gritted up till the 30 mph zone and not a drop after it as I was not familiar with the area I didn't know this would be the case! Slid into the hedge rolled over a few times before hitting a tree in the field. Had to climb out of the passenger window and get help, found 2 of sigma cutters in the next field if I hadn't of fitted a bulk head anything could of happened ! Am very lucky to be telling this story today ,am just glad that god was watching over me and that none of my kids were travelling with me! So guys just be careful on the roads this time of year!!! I was lucky just to walk away with aches and pains

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Good to hear you're ok mate. I hate this weather. Whichever way I leave my road I either have to go down one of two very steep hills, or up a long slow climb to get to the main roads (none of them get gritted) Cars park both sides as well so I could say I've been lucky not to hit anybody.

I can remember a few years ago (the night Cantona kung-fu kicked the Palace fan)I was over near Chester and it started snowing about 5.30pm as I was just leaving. The snow fell so heavy they closed the M62 either side of the Pennines. I had to go over the hills and I was fourth in line behind a snow plough, but it was still a hairy drive. I got home at 3.30am after my car got stuck at the end of my road cos there's an adverse camber and my car wouldn't get round it. Had to go and dig it out in morning.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Glad to hear you're okay! Sounds nasty! I rolled a Saxo when I was 18 at 120MPH. Learnt me a lesson that did. Cost me a fortune too the car owed me about £12,000 and I got £2,800 or something daft for it. Was in debt for ages.

Perhaps a note to us all there, go steady now it's literally kicked in now this winter good a proper. Not many mornings or evenings will be above Zero now so just take it as a given that the road will be icy unless a lot of traffic is on t and its midday.

I live high up in Stoke and it came a few weeks ago here. It's -4 and -5 ish now at night here. -1 at noon even. The frost hasn't gone off the drive where we've not walked or parked a car for a few days now.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Crash crash crash in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

F
Hello everyone. I am over here in the USA, but noticed, when googling for info on Mapei grouts...
Replies
Views
Mr Tiler
M
J
So I've had my 1200 for a while now and it's done 5-600 cuts, mainly travertine, 610 x 405 x...
Replies
Views
Jelthetiler
J
J
Okay where do I start with this one. just been into a local large multi chain tile store. I have...
Replies
Views
Diamond Pool Finishers
D
P
Here is my all to common rant of the week before I go on my holiday tomorrow. I am a woman, its...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
D
HELP - WHATS YOUR ADVICE Got an angry neighbour (last ten years) who is particular about the...
2 3 4
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB