UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Angry neighbour? (Boundary Dispute!!) What Can I do.. Courts or Fight! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Re: Angry neighbour? (Boundary Dispute!!) What Can I do.. Courts or Fi

He's already on a caution, you have a camara. Provoke him.

Someones already said, you're being bullied. I can't stand bullies. Downside, he's too old to chim him one. Provoke him to do something else and get the law back out, that'll bring him down a peg or two. Play him at his own game and wait for the fireworks.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire

Must admit I would fire up my Stihl saw and worry about any comeback later. Worth it just to film the old git go nuclear, then you can post the pics here. Would pay to see that.

That is criminal damage...... Whilst it is not his land the posts are his property and as such he is entirely responsible for them. If fornexample you were to remove the posts and put them on his land and he trips over them and breaks a leg he would have grounds to sue you. The law is a real *** in this respect which is the reason that the authorities always Recomend that you try and settle such a dispute amicably and sensibly. There is however your right to prosecute him nder the obstruction of rights of way act. He cold also be fond liable for a charge of criminal damage himself in the respect that he has damaged the path in order to install said bollards.

I think I would try talking to him first .... Ok in the sure knowledge that he will not listen..... Then write him a polite letter asking him to remove said obstruction and return the ground to its former state with a suggestion that if he fails to comply you will place the matter in the hands of the relevent authorities. Then speak to the council again and seek enforcement. ......... Then again I might just get a breaker and dig them out without damaging them and post them to him by recorded delivery with a note saying

I found these outside and think they might belong to you.

Best regards.....a concerned neighbour.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham

That is criminal damage...... Whilst it is not his land the posts are his property and as such he is entirely responsible for them. If fornexample you were to remove the posts and put them on his land and he trips over them and breaks a leg he would have grounds to sue you. The law is a real *** in this respect which is the reason that the authorities always Recomend that you try and settle such a dispute amicably and sensibly. There is however your right to prosecute him nder the obstruction of rights of way act. He cold also be fond liable for a charge of criminal damage himself in the respect that he has damaged the path in order to install said bollards.

I think I would try talking to him first .... Ok in the sure knowledge that he will not listen..... Then write him a polite letter asking him to remove said obstruction and return the ground to its former state with a suggestion that if he fails to comply you will place the matter in the hands of the relevent authorities. Then speak to the council again and seek enforcement. ......... Then again I might just get a breaker and dig them out without damaging them and post them to him by recorded delivery with a note saying

I found these outside and think they might belong to you.

Best regards.....a concerned neighbour.

I don't think I'd be too bothered about the eyes of the law if I was in this situation.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire

I don't think I'd be too bothered about the eyes of the law if I was in this situation.

Hmmm..... Moderators please take note..... Should we be ecnouraging or condoning law breaking how ever picky I might sound. Perhaps this thread is a little dodgy now???

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire

It is in the arms Alan... and should be taken with a pinch of salt.. we cannot police members thoughts/opinions just like that..

Oky dokly. As its in the arms and not public that is ok....... Was just a thought.... Am in a pedantic mood this evening......had dealings today with pillocks who put me in a bad mood.... Perhaps more beer will help sort that out.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds

If this is in the Arms I'd just just **** him, seriously though he needs bringing down a peg or two.

My stepsons wife was on the bus the other day with her 2 very young children and an old fella got on and complained that they were sat on his seat!!!! 'Bet you didn't even pay for the kids to be on the bus' he was ranting on. 'No I didn't' she replied 'did you pay for your seat?' 'No I'm an OAP and paid my taxes.'

She replied 'And I paid my taxes too'. I think he made an assumption that she was on benefits with 2 kids. Wrong, before she had children she was commercial manager for a large print firm in Leeds. She paid plenty in taxes.

Unfortunately when you get older a hormone kicks in called 'grumpio nastica' (Latin) and it leaves you in a state of boredom and nothing to do other than be angry and frustrated at anyone around you.

At some point he will overstep the mark, if he hasn't already and get himself arrested. That may calm things down a bit.

D

Deleted member 1779

Dont worry I think with it all being in the Trusted section its OK to have a rant.

Look nobody on here is going to provoke me into goiing wild..

So for those worried that I am about to go Rambo and blow his body into kingdom come - Relax !

One of the great things is that we can all let off a little steam in here and not be in the public domain.
We are just blowing ****e right?

YES there is the instant gratification that this silly old Sod needs a kick up the bum !

But on the upside of course I am going to let the local authorities do battle for me (for the moment!!)

Two things will hurt him. Either the authorities will get him to remove these things.
OR

Failing that - At some point ill health will fall upon him, Its at this stage (not before) That a small rented digger and half an hour will sort this one out!

The alternative is that this escalates to some height none of us can imagine.

Bottom line is that I am still taking the "peace and love" route. So for those worried that there will be a bloodbath.. Dont worry !!!!

Its all gravy

This may sound a bit strange but what about taking a whole new approach. You could...be nice, be polite, greet him whenever you see him and after a while let little miss 2 go over with mum and offer him some kind of home cooked treat.
Maybe after a little while longer you could invite him over for a meal.
You see, he is angry and bitter and alone and broken. You might be like him too after a long hard life. He really isn't angry at you personally but at life itself perhaps. There will be a reason for his behavior but I doubt it's anything you have done.
It's worth a crack. What have you got to lose and at least you can say you did your best to resolve this in a kind and civil manner.Just my opinion right or wrong

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK

I think he's one of those blokes you'd never get on with to be fair mate.

I'd stick banners between them celebrating a birthday or something and just use them and treat them as yours, that'd pee him off. And pursue it with the council in the meantime.

D

Deleted member 1779

Yeah latest update is that we now have rope between them!

428793_10150923646512014_64585123_n.jpg

And we have new signage !!!

235_12404612013_7781_n.jpg

552637_10150917824732014_626226113_n.jpg

JUST WAITING FOR OUR COUNCIL VISIT SOMETIME
OVER THE NEXT THREE WEEKS

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK

Definitely has too much time on his hands.

It must be an opening ceremony for something. Cut the rope Richard and take some pictures of it haha

Smash a bottle of bubbly over his head, sorry I mean the garage door, while you're at it.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Hi richard i must say i like your style, you are handling it all very well by the sound's of it, i think the guy who said about making peace was a good one to try ,he has an axe to grind over something ,this is why i like to live in the country as to many peeps to close together & there is trouble ,if you think about it peeps fight wars over this stuff on the world -wide side .......good luck to you and your family ...........

Reply to Angry neighbour? (Boundary Dispute!!) What Can I do.. Courts or Fight! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
It was his first day today. I found him on mybuilder. He wasn't the cheapest quote and I chose...
Replies
Views
M
Background: I've moved into a house 3 months ago that I have been renovating for a while. I have...
Replies
Views
manwith
M
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.